Carp Fishing Comp

Thomas Mattarelli

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom

There used to be a competition called "Ozfest" held in the Nepean every year on Australia Day. It was run by Panthers Fishing Club but was a "catch and kill" comp. Unfortunately along with Carp many Bass, Herring, Catfish, Mullet, etc ended up being killed unnecessarily :thumbdown: , hence I lost interest in it. I don't know if it is held anymore!!!

It would be great to hold our own "Carp Raider-thon" in the future and I welcome messages from other like minded fishos. :1gathering:

Check out my posts for Carp info... I love catchin em'

Cheers

Garn

im heading out this weekend to kill some

Hey CFD, Where and when you goin i bet plenty of raiders would love to join you. Yeah lets have a carp comp. Either way im gunna see if PJ Garn is good for another round. Definatly be looking forward to mondays posts. I reacon there will be some carp goin down this weekend :fish_h4h::whip:

Lata Raida.

Waynie.

Tom,

I went to carp comp several years ago at Manly Dam.

I didnt catch anything and ingeneral to my amazement not that many carp were pulled from the dam.

I cant remember who organized it but it may have been through the council.

From memory a couple of small bass were caught as well.

Also might try long reef on friday for a jewie but only if no wind or rain.

Cheers

Thanks guys for the replys

And Zenman LongReef i have been hearig heaps about it but never asked the question. WHERE THE BLOODYHELL IS IT ?? lol

Thanks again guys have a good one

Long reef is between Dee Why to the south and Collaroy to the north on the northern beaches.

Cheers