Windang - New Break Walls

mt0311

Was out at Windang tonight, out on the new breakwalls at the entrance - the tailor were on the bite constant bites for about 20 minutes or more, got about 10 good size ones, on pillies and gang hooks between me and the old man.

The only damn problem was there was a large group of Cambodians about 15 or so, I don't want to seem like wanting to single them out, but just so other raiders don't have the same frustration - and maybe even get into any hassles with this rude bunch..... - firstly they cast all over the place, then they tangled on my line the first time, and the bloke and his mate just untangled it and threw it into the rocks below, I couldn't reel it, cos another one of their buddies tangled on my line as well. There goes float, rig, gang hooks and all snagged in the rocks submerged below water !!!!

Well, the frustration continues, when same thing happens again, this time, they cut my damn line !!!!! The float, gang hooks and rigs was still out in the water !!!!!! *$$! :mad3:

So packed up about 8.30 and head off to home.

Nice place to fish - but probably won't go back to that particular spot, rather find a place that is more quite but less fish - at least no one is going to cut my line and cast on top of me !!!!

Unlucky Baitfish

Rude and anti social behaviour is not race specific :1badmood:

as you say but at least you have forwarned anyone

that may be unlucky enough to find them also

They are definitely not Raider material and you should be

complemented for keeping your cool under very testing

circumstances defintely Raider material :thumbup:

Have you considered jetty at Bellambi ramp or Port Kembla

ramp breakwall as a "Plan B"

Maybe a mid week evening session would be the go

Good fishing to you

Chris

thats sad to hear mate.i feel for you dude ,

whenever i go to swansea to fish there i see that happen so many times,its like they do it on urpose so they can hog the whole spot all to themselves.

it can happen once but then i would tell them off if it happens again. :ranting2:

i agree once i can deal with, twice ur pushing it, 3 times and im gonna

say sumfin to stop it after that lines will be getting cut. only if ur casting

over me while im fishing.

but. . .

i once had a bloke cast over out boat when we were putting it onto the

trailer. he was one side of ramp and cast straight over the boat to the

other side of the ramp. i was on the boat cleaning up so nufn was going

to fly out while dad was about to drive it up. needless to say the line was

cut immediately. the bloke wasnt happy but theres no way he's fishing like

that while a boat is using the ramp.

regards mark

one time this big family took over the whole wharf at clifton, and everybody else didnt catch any fish except for them. They had like 2 rods each, using big beach rods, big sinkers heavy lines using big bait. And then one of the guys thought he was pro because his uncle caught a kingfish so came to mess around with my drag on my rod for no reason i told him to give it back and then he goes "you dont put any drag on, this will let the fish run and you'll know when they take ur bait" while unwinding my drag wen it was set perfectly.

I walked away and said 'thanks' .... i dont like people touching my stuff or tell me what to do when they think they are so pro.

You can almost always tell if a fisherman is pro by their gear.

Dude that really sux!!!

Not quite the same story as yours but while i was up the coast i had a similar experience whilst fishing for blackes at the entrance. Some loser decides to berth his $30-40,000 boat against the little jetty that i was fishing from(which was fine and he had done nothing wrong YET). He just left it there for almost an hour unguarded and when he got back he just jumped into the boat and drove off collecting 3-4 lines in the process.

He had plenty of room to reverse where the water was clear of any lines but no, he had to cut off 3-4 people and ruin our days fishing.

Mate where do these people come from? Are they serious!! :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

DAN

Thanks for the advice fellow raiders, yes it is a great forum, great place to learn and share experiences, as well as to express and share the frustration.

Yes, definitely consider having back up plans next time - thanks for the tips.

Fisheries will be getting a call next time.

Edited by baitfish

hey bro thanks 4 the heads up, but u could of kept the race anonymous, cause like he said its not race specific

Hey Mate,

Like I mentioned earlier - just trying to get a word out to other raiders, so if they do bump into a bunch of people they can be a bit cautious, 10 -15 blokes that aren't shy of cutting other peoples lines aren't the most gentle people in the world - and 10 - 15 blokes aint real descriptive. So like I said its just a warning to raiders that venture out to Windang for a bit of landbased fishing. And mate, I am an Aussie of Asian origin, just looking out for fellow fishos out there.

Regards,

Michael