Fish Cleaning Stations

tumra

Hey guys,

Been doing a bit of fishing in the Georges River and in the Hacking lately, and i havent been able to find any fish cleaning station located near the boat ramps. Can anyone tell me where they are located?

thanks

Anthony

thanks guys,

Its a shame that they dont have more fish cleaning facilities at the major boat ramps on the georges or the Hacking. You would think that a ramp such as tom ugly's bridge ramp would have one. With all the money they are collecting in fishing licences shouldn't they be installing more of them??? Is it possible to partition the local councils to install these or is there another organisation we need to talk to.

Anthony

Most of the ramps around Sydney have poor facilities, especially for cleaning fish.

I launched the boat at Rose Bay on Sunday and missed out on a parking spot. I had to park 1 km away.

There were a few cars parked in the boat spots, which did not help matters.

There are no fish cleaning facitities, but there are toilets.

It was high tide and the lower section has poles on it that you have to push your boat around was nearly 2 foot under water at high tide and waves were coming in from the side.

The better ramps have floating pontoons.

I don't frequent the Georges, but I think you will find they are pretty poor as well.

Cheers

Greg

Most of the ramps around Sydney have poor facilities, especially for cleaning fish.

I launched the boat at Rose Bay on Sunday and missed out on a parking spot. I had to park 1 km away.

There were a few cars parked in the boat spots, which did not help matters.

There are no fish cleaning facitities, but there are toilets.

It was high tide and the lower section has poles on it that you have to push your boat around was nearly 2 foot under water at high tide and waves were coming in from the side.

The better ramps have floating pontoons.

I don't frequent the Georges, but I think you will find they are pretty poor as well.

Cheers

Greg

have to agree 100% with you there mate, when there are cleaning stations they are so poorly maintained and or defiled they are unusable. rose base is a bitch of a ramp at times if the chop is coming in and especially if yu have to do it all yourself. i have never seen a parking ticket n cars which park in places where t clearly state car+trailer parkng, i have however seen the opposite where boaties get fined for parking in normal spaces or on grass cause nconsiderate morons are parked in the wrong place.