Woy Woy Channel

shellback

WOY WOY CHANNEL:

THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH MY MINOLTA 700 IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE LAST PICS I TOOK BEFORE I WENT ALL DIGITAL.

I THINK YOU CAN STILL TAKE A BETTER PICTURE THE OLD WAY THERE IS A BIT MORE SKILL REQ TO SET UP THE SHOT. I ALSO INJOY PHOTOGRAPHY AS WELL AS FISHING

REGARDS COLBRA

post-4388-1180355844_thumb.jpg

Edited by colbra

G`day Fellas ,

Cols , I think you might be getting a bit carried away here mate.

Digi V SLR , is anon event.

Once you have hit the button on a SLR , The Film has to be processed to see what you have .

Thats why Old Pro`s took hundreds of shots of the one Scene , and picked the best one to Publish , ( in fact , I think we all did that ! ).

With didi`s , you can play around with it and when you get it Just Right , you can save it and if you want , print it as well.

I aggre the setting up of a shot takes a keen eye , and some skill , but as they say , beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For the record , the pic posted has great detail , but just a bit too dark for my taste .

Give me Digital any day ...

Mick

Hi Colbra

What a top shot! Could sell this pic for artwork master for a postcard.

Digital or SLR, I have both, the SLR (Minolta SRT303) takes great shots because it allows me to get the shot I want. For those interested, my digital is a Nikon Coolpix.

Cheers

Jill7779

Edited by jill7779

Hi Guys, Sorry to be a fly in the ointment but SLR's are both digital and film cameras. SLR means Single Lens Reflex camera. And shooting in raw is good as long as you have the memory cards, jpeg large format good if your going to enlarge the photo to about 16x20 for 10mega pixel camera or higher.

Hi Colbra

What a top shot! Could sell this pic for artwork master for a postcard.

Digital or SLR, I have both, the SLR (Minolta SRT303) takes great shots because it allows me to get the shot I want. For those interested, my digital is a Nikon Coolpix.

Cheers

Jill7779

Hi Jill

35mm film with Minolta 700 on the original picture there was a transformer on a power pole but I moved it and planted a 50ft pine there thank god for photo shop, the picture was taken about 10yrs ago and from memory it was about 6am in the morning. I would have set the exposure facing the opposite direction, kept it by holding my finger down on the button and boxing the shot either side of that and keeping the best shot. In those days if you hung around the developing machine they would let you pick the best one out thats the way things used to be at Woy Woy. On the Monday we went to Glouster to look for some free camp sites and there was this bloody creek miles from the sea full of green weed I had to smile

Regards Col

ps I bought a chainsaw today

On the Monday we went to Glouster to look for some free camp sites and there was this bloody creek miles from the sea full of green weed I had to smile

Regards Col

ps I bought a chainsaw today

Hi Col

I guess those of us newbies to Blackfish will see weed everywhere now...lol

Got to ask, why the chainsaw? Its me that lives on acreage :huh:

Jill

Hi Col

I guess those of us newbies to Blackfish will see weed everywhere now...lol

Got to ask, why the chainsaw? Its me that lives on acreage :huh:

Jill

Hi Jill

Got it for Pat she is getting a bit old now to use the axe :biggrin 2: fire wood for free camping in the bush when we go away in caravan have to have a fire in the winter

Regards from Pat&Colin

ps how do get those funny faces to come up

Hi Col

The clickable faces appear on the left of the screen when you are typing your messages/reports. Put your cursor where you want the face then click on the face on the left that you wish to use. Hope this works for you.

I hope you bought Pat an easy start chainsaw otherwise she may need to do weights at the gym to get the strength to overide the compression :074:

Bye now

Jill

Hi Col

The clickable faces appear on the left of the screen when you are typing your messages/reports. Put your cursor where you want the face then click on the face on the left that you wish to use. Hope this works for you.

I hope you bought Pat an easy start chainsaw otherwise she may need to do weights at the gym to get the strength to overide the compression :074:

Bye now

Jill

I shaw did I got a STIHL 180C ERGO START AND AUTO CHAIN A JUSTMENT Pat said she felt just like lumberjack but I don't think there is any around Woy Woy so she said she would settle for an old telstra worker that liked to fish

Regards Col&Pat :thumbup: