The Mouth Of The Colo River

Thomas Mattarelli

Hey guys

The last couple of weeks i have heard some real good reports about this area and yesterday being a very good one a 90cm jewie was caught here. should i believe this report? also some real nice flatties and bream caught i always thought the colo was way to fresh for these fish

Have any of you guys caught a jewie or bream there ??

thanks guys

Tom,

Tom

The Colo enters the Hawksbury at Lower Portland. This area is very tidal and is still salt water. The Colo river is still tidal right up the the bridge at Colo but the water is fresh up there.

I have caught a few flathead in the lower parts of the river while fishing for bass.

Cheers

Kingpig

Tom, get uot there and give it a go. i used to chase bream up ther a lot. there a re some great fish to be had. I have never caught a jew there but have heard many reorts from people that have. Also some great bass fishing there too

Mitch

Thanks mate is there anywhere i can fish landbased that you know of ??

it would be great if you could let me know im keen lol

thanks again

Dont know how deep the water is but on the Northern(??) side of the colo there is a few area that u could fish landbased. If coming from wilberforce as soon as you go over the road bridge(over the river) there are areas to the left/right to fish