Northern Beaches, Land Based This Wekend?

Dave3097

G'Day Mate,

Elwoodblues (Davo) & I were thinking of giving one of the folowing a bash: Balls Head, Lavendar Bay or round the bridge up at Manly, but the idea of bit beach fishing sounds good too. Where abouts are you thinking of?

Cheers

Jas

Hey, Mate I'm still new to the northern beaches and Sydney fishing so have just been trying different spots here and there to test my luck. Was considering somewhere along narrabeen beach, but am easy. If you think a spot will produce I'm will to give it a go. Live at Harbord, so the Manly do would be nice and close for me. :D

Dave

We are pretty much novices round here too, though we did have a bit of luck at woolies bridge - Narrabeen. A nice little flattie drifting down from the bridge & there is some lovely whitting there but they don't seem to like my company!

Malacoota Pete is a legend when it comes to Narra & is happy to give out advice for the area :thumbup: onya Pete.

We have never tried the manly area before but driving through on the weekend, it look like a possible goer for us land based fisho's.

Will PM you with contact details & if you don't get a better offer or find a better place give us a buzz.

Jas

Hi Guys,

I can offer a few suggestions.

For the beach, try the poles halfway between Dee Why and long Reef. Good gutters there for Bream, Whiting or Jew. Sometimes pick up a few Noha's as well. Otherwise North Curl Curl is quite good as well. i like to go about 100m south of the lake outlet. (If it is open then right near it) If you want to treck a little further afield then Collaroy about 100m north of the storm water outlet at the southern end of the beach.

If you are a bit more adventurous then try North Curly off the rocks. Need to be careful and ensure there is not a big swell, but can be great for squid and then load up for Snapper, Tuna, Tailor, or down deep for some pigs and drummer. Suggest to wear rock cleats though and if fishing at night ensure you have a headband torch. PM me for the safest location as I have fished there for over 15 years with no incidents (other than the fishy type).

Cheers Sunnyboy

Hey SunnyBoy,

Thanks for the heads up I may just put your experience into play this weekend.

How deep is it off North Curly Rocks? Never really do the rocks as I normally have to fish alone.

1 - 2am sure is a early start, At least it won't get much colder after that hour, but I'm up for it at this stage.

Dave

Hey SunnyBoy,

Thanks for the heads up I may just put your experience into play this weekend.

How deep is it off North Curly Rocks? Never really do the rocks as I normally have to fish alone.

1 - 2am sure is a early start, At least it won't get much colder after that hour, but I'm up for it at this stage.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Right in front about 7-10ft depending on the tide. Further out about 30ft.

Suggest using a float or if going deep ise a sinker about 2ft below your hook.

Sunnyboy

Hi Dave,

Right in front about 7-10ft depending on the tide. Further out about 30ft.

Suggest using a float or if going deep ise a sinker about 2ft below your hook.

Sunnyboy

Hey Sunnyboy,

Is North Curl Curl a good spot for drummer? I'm trying to get into rock fishing. Is it easy to get down onto the rocks? Is it a safe place? I usually fish in the estuary, so I am trying other ways of fishing.

Thanks

Glenn

Hey Dave,

Sure is, I have caught a few nice ones of there. Quite a few good gutters to hit with a pencil float.

Either weed seems to work fine. Sometimes you will get hit by a big pig as well which ups the ante a bit.

Cheers Sunnyboy