Blackies Off The Stones

baited

hi all decided to fish off the stones this morning up here on the central coast . a mate and i managed to pick up 7 blackfish between 32 and 38cm. lost atleast 5 others at our feet .....had no net :mad3: and 2 unstoppable pigs.. would have been a miracle on only 6lb line.all fish caught with fresh cabbage off rocks and no. 6 hooks on high tide. went off the bite when the tide got lower...

well done..........sounds like a nice session.

Ive just moved up to the central coast and havnt really sussed out the local pig and blackie spots.

Where do you guys usually fish?

hi all decided to fish off the stones this morning up here on the central coast . a mate and i managed to pick up 7 blackfish between 32 and 38cm. lost atleast 5 others at our feet .....had no net :mad3: and 2 unstoppable pigs.. would have been a miracle on only 6lb line.all fish caught with fresh cabbage off rocks and no. 6 hooks on high tide. went off the bite when the tide got lower...

Hi there. I have just started to fish for blackies. Where exactly is the stones on the central coast? I would love to give it a go!

Glenn

Hi there. I have just started to fish for blackies. Where exactly is the stones on the central coast? I would love to give it a go!

Glenn

stones is just the rocks anywhere.i fish at a number of spots between terrigal and the entrance. any place that has green weed growing on the rocks will have fish just depends on the swell.. terrigal and avoca are good options but can get crowded on weekends. the channel at the entrance fishes well for them too.

Well done, Baited!! Send some up here!! They were a bit thin on the ground here this last weekend for the Blackie Social at Forster!! A few nice ones were caught, but most didn't land a legal fish. Must try the rocks at Seven Mile beach up here again. However, I am going to Stockton Beach for a week, so will try the wall there!

Cheers

ROberta