Middle Harbour

sanger

Hey guys,

Headed out early for some squid under the spit but only managed one, so went to balmoral to get some yakkas on day break.... after checking a few more squid and yakka spots. 5 yakkas on board and a taylor thanks to some mates that where trolling up a few near manly!!!

Back to our x that we have worked hard to find in middle harbour just before the high tide...... Im pretty sure this is someone else's spot x or y or something but im sorry to say we are now sharing it with you!!!!!!! :1prop:

Down goes the live squid and 3 of the yakkas. Live squid gets nervous then pops about 10 minutes after it goes down..... Nice (even if a little on the small side) king is landed...... unfortunatley far smaller than we thought it might be seeing as though it took a bait half its own size!!!!!

The yakkas are running scared but nothing is hitting them so we cut up the fresh squid( caught yesterday) into some strips and down they go! Someone was paying a little to much atention to their phone conversation and a big hit is missed with fumbling to get a rod out of a rod holder!!!! :1badmood:

More strips go down and get chomped by pickers and then another solid hit!!!! second (small) king is landed and with that the last of our strips is gone!!!!!! Worst move ever not catching more live squid and not taking more fresh stuff on the boat!!!! Lesson learned the hard way!!!!

Seeing as though the yakkas werent being touched we went out to try our luck at the quarenteen bouy in the hope that the more ocean going members of the king family where more interestead in yakka's!!! Alas they werent!!!!

Came back in with a small case of the if only's but happy none the less!!!!! That is of course untill hearing through the grape vine that the peak was the place to be today With many a king there for the jig!!!!! :1badmood:

All in all a good day!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks to those that have given a few tips on the way i think we are starting to crack this nut!!!!!!!

post-4037-1180771529_thumb.jpg

post-4037-1180771757_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys i think a celabetory drink is on the cards tonight so i dont think we will be out tomorrow!!!!! Good luck guys !!!!

Might see you on the water next time!!!!

:1fishing1:

tight lines

Well done fishlexic!!!

Mate a kingie is a kingie.

I love eating them and the ones 60 - 70 cm taste great.

We got two today very quickly and dropped one that was much bigger.

Congrats and cheers.

Zenman

Nice looking fish mate, well done.

I have a quick question for all you King Fish masters, what is the best way to cook them up? Im yet to crack my Kingie virginity so I have taken Monday off to go out and hunt one in middle harbor. If im lucky enough to bag one it'll be straight on the menu.

Cheers

Kiwi Dan

Hi Fishlexic, Nice work on the photo, this spot of yours must be a closely gaurded secret. I'm suprised more fellas dont do it, I must admit i often check out the back ground of pics to try n figure out where is that spot x??? Nice to see you got some fish after what sounds like a fair bit of effort finding em.

Lata Raida

Waynie

I think I recognise the spot in the second photograph. I lived there in the 70's.

Nice fish by the way.

Nah it was this really weird heat hase that came over after we caught the first fish!!!!!! Id never seen anything like it!!!!! :tease::1prop::074:

Cant make it to easy for everyone!!!! It took us long enough to find it!!!!!

Hey zenman, were you out in your tiny???? didn't see anyone where we were in the morning so there must be 2 spot x's!!!!!!!! :thumbup: