Long Day

wildfish

went out saturday with scott(workmate/ scotar) and his son luke. first tried for some yakkas but just a short go as the sun was comeing up and i was hopeing to be fishing for snapper by then.

first tried for gps marks i had for the car park!but seen as we were about 200meters from the rocksi was sure that we wernt were i thought we should be brought up the anchor up after 10minuts.

headed for the light house, didnt want to go too close as it was rough, swell comeing in and bouncing off the rocks and comeing back hitting us from both directions! didnt fish there long, not looking promising and scott and son both not feeling well!

off to osborn shoal, bit puzzled by the look of the sonar when we were close to our gps mark but there was a boat near by so we headed over to find the spot, found some pics on the sonar, anchored up and started fishing, not long after and scott pulled in a large yakka! then was turning green and supplying us with some pre mixed burley! which worked a treat, instantly luke was pulling in yakkas, first was about 30cm! :1yikes:

so i decided id wack on some squid jigs(padernosar with 2 jigs) and drift across the shoal. found my spot and cast out, minuts later had weight on my line and pulled it in to calls of weed, my reply was nope squid- 1 on each jig and about 10 more following! got the jigs back out and drifted back off the shoal.

ok get the gps mark back out moterd back ther to no sign of the shoal! drove around for quite a while to fid it again but next drift nothing.

headed back to botany, slow trolled 1 squid around moulinex for nothing! over to the barrels to drop strips, just 1 treva for young luke, then over to the oil warf not much happening apart from 1 nice bream for scott 38cm and put up a great fight!

decided to have a shot at watts reef, went to east side of oil warf and started following gps which was leading me to the west of oil warf about where hot water outlet is? scrap that idea!

we then moved over to bear island for our last shot, not much happening couple of small pinkies 1 went 28cm for me thou a few missed opportunities! and young luke pulled a wrass of some kind i think!

common theme for the day, figure out this gps!

post-3094-1180871204_thumb.jpg

hey ben! give me a buzz if you have my number!

yeah patrick still good to be out, and i learn something every time i go out! think once i get on top of this gps ill be pullin some fish!

hey good to hear your workin anyway, what did you get into?

hey kingy you alright mate? just remember life line is always there fore you mate!

hey ben! give me a buzz if you have my number!

yeah patrick still good to be out, and i learn something every time i go out! think once i get on top of this gps ill be pullin some fish!

hey good to hear your workin anyway, what did you get into?

hey kingy you alright mate? just remember life line is always there fore you mate!

haha yeah still in the painting game mate havnt had any real good offers as yet. was working on the boat most of the weekend. its coming along nicely we'll have to go for a botany bash soon. you lead i'll follow to your gps marks :biggrin2: