2nd & 3rd Bream On Lure On My Yak!

arpie

Hi guys

Winding down from the Forster Social - I went out yakking with Sails & Ladslad this morning before they had to head back to Sydney! We braved the cool breeze & threat of a wet bottom & hit the water!! :1yikes:

Brett on his mini surfski! Yes - he has his rod stuffed down the front of his jacket!!! Methinks he should invest in a bigger one! He liked the look of my Hobie SPORT!

Unfortunately after taking the photo of the bream, the camera died!! So I didn't get one of Cam on his!

Behind the Breckinbridge Channel (where most of us fished for blackies this weekend ...) we hit the leases - on my first cast in one of the leases, it got whacked by a bream of about 22/23cm on one of the Raw Prawn lures that Stewy left with me to try out - the flesh colour one, really looks like a nipper!! Got another one shortly after, but it dropped off before I could land it. Great fun. Outside the leases it was difficult to use hb lures because of the floating ribbon weed. In the leases, most of it has been caught on the fences, leaving most of it outside! :biggrin2:

I yakked past some of the spots I had marked on the map as 'blackie spots' for boaters, particularly that main channel in the middle of the lake .... humongous blackies lurking there!! I will have to have a go at them after we get back from Stockton Beach next week!!! I will have a go for blackies there (using Pete's weed :biggrin2: )

He was jumping about, making it difficult to get a pic - last pic the camera took, actually! I think it is now dead!

Yeeha! Will be trying that again! Anyone tried them off breakwalls??

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Mik & Luke

This is the first time I have caught 2 within 10 mins of each other & I put it all down to the Smiling Jack Raw Prawn in the 'flesh' colour. I will keep trying with the other colours, but the 'flesh' colour has become an instant favourite already!! Many thanks, Stewy for putting me onto them!!

Before the Entrance, I was not even aware of them as a lure, even tho I must have seen them in the shops up here somewhere! There, I saw Stewy's magic box full of Raw Prawns (some so chewed by fish, there was hardly any colour on them at all ...) I thought .... hmmmm these must be good if Stewy has heaps of them! The smallest size is best, he reckons.

So the hunt was on to find some! These rural backwaters don't always have the same excellent selection that you city dwellers take so much for granted .... especially having the quality of Wattos & Tony Fishfinder available to you ... exclusively on some nights!!

My 7ft superlight rod did me a treat!! Caught it's first fish on its first outing!! That 4lb Fireline Crystal is so fine, it actually floats in the air!!! Boy, it goes a long way, tho, with small lures!

So give them a go & toss them around structure - who knows what will hit??

Cheers

Roberta

The top one was the one that did the trick, but Stewy swears by the pink one as well, and the green one, and the black one ....

post-2231-1180994089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roberta

Thats a great colour for clear water I wouldnt be using the pink one unless the water had some colour in it

Try fishing sand flats with broken weedbeds instead of racks especially when the water gets warmer again

Well done on the lures Roberta...Looks like a change in species target for you now.

Brett is keen using a surf ski.....Wet bum..no fish type of thing...hey...i've got an old ironing board

he might like to try :074::074:

Hope you get some of those big blackies that eluded you at the social this week.

It must be getting a bit chilly on the yak, but with your patented scarf thingies, I'm sure you are well rugged up.

Shame about the camera...I thought it would do that after being dunked in the surf...they have a particular dislike to water in 'em.

Good luck with the bream/blackie hunt as you are one keen fisho and must strike terror into the fish when they see that yak approach.

Cheers,

Pete.

Yes, Stewy - many thanks to Tony for getting those lures in on your special request!! :thumbup: I also had a rod length of 10lb vanish on .... not too trusting of the lease racks!! Figured if I got a flattie, I may be able to get it in, too!

Pete - :1yikes: Believe it or not, the camera came good again today!! May be a temperature thing! Can't believe it - it definitely seems to be a bit temperamental now .... must be a female :074::074: I am allowed to say that!! Will save my birthday & Xmas $ to get a proper waterproof one! :biggrin2: Keep it quiet, tho, I haven't told the other half about the dunking yet (the camera, that is!! He knows about me!) :biggrin2:

Yakfishing - I just tossed it as close to the racks as I could without hitting them & within a second of cranking the handle, got the hit! You can either retrieve them at a steady pace, or crank & stop (up to 5 secs, as they are suspending as well!) Actually, I noticed that if you just drop them in, they will sink eventually to the bottom, so that could also work too - let them go all the way down, then short cranks will have them coming up in short bursts?

Cheerio

Roberta