Hawkesbury/broken Bay

tiger_shark

Headed to Mooney Mooney boat ramp on sunday at about 3:00 to find it was as busy as Pitt st. Was in the water though within 20 minutes. First stop was Mullet creek to drop off the crab nets and see if there was any bream around the oyster leases. Caught a few small bream, whiting and taylor.

We decided then to fish the deeper water in between Dangar island and Mullet creek. This is where the first decent fish hit the boat.... ~TaNgLeS~ (another member) pulled in 2 bream, 1st one at 25cm 2nd at 30cm. :thumbup:

Then we decided to go after that elusive big jew under the road bridge while we waited for another mate to turn up at the ramp. Fished the top of the tide for a few cat fish and eels... :mad3:

The clock struck 12am and we were off to check the crab nets.. 2 decent blue swimmers.

Over to Juno for 2 or 3 hours and caught absolutly nothing.

In between 3 and 4am i thought we might try to pick up some squid at Barrenjoey. Fished it for about an hour with not luck with the squid so i thought i might throw over a prawn. After 2 casts i caught a wopper of a bream at 42cm.

From there we were off to Boultons reef.. The wind picked up so we decided to climb in the cabin for a rest until the sun came up.

We then fish a few reefs North of broken bay (we'll call this our spot x :biggrin2:) . Got a 65 cm Sergeant Baker :yahoo: yummy. Then ~TaNgLeS~ caught a 33 cm snapper. Another 6 wrasse were caught and we decided to call it a day.. Picked up another 2 Blue Swimmers on the way back.

Top night and day on the water....

post-2215-1181017167_thumb.jpg