Georges River Blackfishing

Had a nice little Blackfish session with Ross Hunter today :biggrin2: we landed a nice feed and dropped a few due to me not using my new landing net :ranting2:

Seems to be plenty in the river at the moment and all the fish were caught near high tide :thumbup:

post-256-1181025293_thumb.jpg post-256-1181025301_thumb.jpg

post-256-1181025309_thumb.jpg post-256-1181025318_thumb.jpg

post-256-1181025326_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Those are Really nice looking fish, Stewy - send some up here!! :1prop: What size did they go?? Saw some huge ones yesterday on the yak around the main channel! Hiding in the leases!

Hey - don't suppose you tried any of Ladslad beard?? :1prop: Nice looking growth!

:074::074:

Spent part of today rinsing, squeezing & wrapping weed to take down to Stockton tomorrow for the week! Keith competes in a Duathlon on Sun, so I'll give the blackies a serious attempt (never tried there before, but watched others!) :biggrin2:

Have also Vacuum packed 8 lots , too, to ensure I have a supply upon my return!! Seemed to work last time .... it caught the biggest blackie!! :yahoo::thumbup:

I'll be off the air for the week, so will have a lot of catching up next week upon our return!!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

• 1 month later...

hey bud, i have heard that the georges river is highly poluted and that the fish would be no good.

i am optomistic about the subject but u seem like the expert, is it good to fish there and wat can u catch.

hey bud, i have heard that the georges river is highly poluted and that the fish would be no good.

i am optomistic about the subject but u seem like the expert, is it good to fish there and wat can u catch.

The fish that are eaten from this location in the River seem to be in top conditon and taste great so I am told.

I agree that some parts of the river way up stream does have pollution and thats a real shame for this great water way.

I have fished this river for over 40 years and I would say its in as good a conditon now as I have ever seen it :biggrin2: .

Cheers Stewy