Another Narra Quick Session

mrmoshe

Got a call from the boss at work to say they didn't need me there today...Yipppeeee!!

After reading Stumpy's reply to Penguin with a ribbing of the quick sessions he and I make (not together)

and almost always get fish and to try for once without hooks. (All in jest mind you)

So I posted that I'd give it a go using a rusty nail and a safety pin!

So Off I toddled down to Narra Lake to see what lurked beneath the chop today...A bit brisk it was wading I tell ya. :frozen:

Ended up with one keeper bream (27cm) and one keeper (flattie 40cm)

Flattie was on the safety pin and breambo was courtesy of the rusty nail. :074:

Was pestered by the ever present chopper tailor which were just about everywhere today...hard to keep a bait in the water.

Anyway...here's a couple of pics...nothing much else in the 90 mins I was down there...a few throwback bream and those pesky tailor.

The bream & flattie both kept for a feed this time.

(BTW...Just kiddin' 'bout the safety pin & nail)

Cheers,

Pete

post-1685-1181025788_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1181025816_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1181025846_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

Good little session pete!!!!

I dare say it might be the last one for nearly a week if you were feeling the cold today!!! Have a look at seebreeze, we have some real winter coming by the end of the week!!!! Ever wanted to fish browns for a day by yourslelf???? This might be the weekend to do it ..... If you had a death wish! Or just plain stupid! :074::074::074:

I dare say it might be the last one for nearly a week if you were feeling the cold today!!! Have a look at seebreeze, we have some real winter coming by the end of the week!!!! Ever wanted to fish browns for a day by yourslelf???? This might be the weekend to do it ..... If you had a death wish! Or just plain stupid! :074::074::074:

Yeah..it would be absolute suicide out there on satuday. 27 knot SSE and a 4.8 metre swell....surf's up out wide!!

Looks like a good weekend to stay rugged up in a nice warm house to me.

I'm working anyway, so no probem for me.

Chers,

Pete.

Aint that a good feeling knowing your not wanted at work Pete.

Gives you a bit of time for a quick sesh,getting yourself a feed, and

the bonus of getting stuck into stumpy again. :bleh::074:

penguin

Aint that a good feeling knowing your not wanted at work Pete.

Gives you a bit of time for a quick sesh,getting yourself a feed, and

the bonus of getting stuck into stumpy again. :bleh::074:

penguin

Oh, Pleeeeeeeeeeease !

You two fisho's have no idea what I have to do whilst attempting to regularly fish !

You see lads, my wife (Mrs Stumpy) fully understands my ability to not catch fish. If I keep going regularly off on my supposed fishing ventures and actually come home with a fish, she would probably assume that I am not fishing and am having an affair. :wife:

Kind of tricky to understand, but so is marriage. :1prop:

Now, Iv'e noticed that you fellas like to put a tape measure up to your trophys. As you full well know, I do not carry on in that immature kind of way. I have had several PB's catching live bait, but you never see me rave on about it! I just simply go out there and do my stuff! :biggrin2:

Let this be a lesson to you !

Cheers.......... the ever soooooo humble

Stumpster

Oh, Pleeeeeeeeeeease !

You two fisho's have no idea what I have to do whilst attempting to regularly fish !

You see lads, my wife (Mrs Stumpy) fully understands my ability to not catch fish. If I keep going regularly off on my supposed fishing ventures and actually come home with a fish, she would probably assume that I am not fishing and am having an affair. :wife:

Kind of tricky to understand, but so is marriage. :1prop:

Now, Iv'e noticed that you fellas like to put a tape measure up to your trophys. As you full well know, I do not carry on in that immature kind of way. I have had several PB's catching live bait, but you never see me rave on about it! I just simply go out there and do my stuff! :biggrin2:

Let this be a lesson to you !

Cheers.......... the ever soooooo humble

Stumpster

Stumpy...I have the answer to your problem. :yahoo:

Here is a fish your :wife: will believe if you bring it home on your next session.

It comes with a ruler.(see pic) and you should have no problems whatsoever convincing her "you went fishing"

The good thing about them is you don't need an Esky to take them home..a thimble will suffice!!

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1181124385_thumb.jpg

Here's the story that goes with the pic.:

The smallest animal with a backbone known to science, a fish from the carp family, has been discovered in the peat swamps of Indonesia. Females grow no bigger than 7.9mm (0.31in) and the male measures up to 10.3mm.

Biologists discovered the fish during an expedition to explore remote forest swamps on the Indonesian island of Sumatra, where the peat water is a hundred times more acidic than rainwater.

Scientists had thought that little if anything could survive in such peat swamps but have been astonished to discover several species of small fish including the latest specimen, named Paedocypris progenetica.

I was going to strap on the flippers, and swim out for a snorkle!!