A Blackfish Tail

nitefr8

Hi Guys

Was down the Georges today with my mate norm at one of the places we usaually haunt at this time of year , chasing the blackfish which is about all we do at this time of year and between us we got about 16 all taken on weed sourced from spot -------- , we were getting harrassed by a mile of fish in the 20 to 24 varitey but we sytill managed a few up to 30 with one exception , now ive seen some odd things that have had ago at eating a blackie but whatever had a go at this one must have been hungry and judging by the healing process this only happened in the last few weeks, by the way the fish still went 1.2 kg not a bad fish for the river .

oops not quite the hang of this yet

post-4242-1181102602_thumb.jpg

post-4242-1181102807_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnno

Not that i know anything about catching jews, but have heard that black fish make good bait for jews.

Whats the chance it was sent out as a live bait and had its tail trimmed to slow it down??

You mean it's an 'escapee'.

That would be the definition of 'the one that got away'

Not that i know anything about catching jews, but have heard that black fish make good bait for jews.

Whats the chance it was sent out as a live bait and had its tail trimmed to slow it down??

exactly what i was thinking!

nice session otherwise mate :thumbup:

Possibly sombody was marking thier fish before it went in the fish bin and droped it. Take a close look at the cut it's round, another fish could'nt do that, and no evidence of live bait hook. And who uses 35cm +blackies for livies

Have seen this before.Will not hinder too much. These little buggers have a lot of guts and power. That is why we fish for them. Great SPORT.

CHEERS BART. :1fishing1:

Guys

Not related to the no tail but if you get a blackfish and keep it alive in a white tube it will turn very silver in colour. Put a hook through him for live bait in the night time and watch him shine in the water. Jew like them a lot.

Cheers

Kingpig