Australian Bass Angler Grand Opening

Ken A

The Australian Bass Angler now has 2 levels of tackle and lures.

They carry boats from Triton, Polycraft, Clark, Mac Marine and sell Suzuki motors.

There will be a sausage sizzle, specials including soft plastics from $1 per packet, spot specials and reduced prices. There will be deals on all boats. Professionl fisherman will be available for discussions and demonstrations of casting, fly tying and lure presentations.

They include John Bethune, Dean Hayes, Jeff Brown, Andrew Robinson, Josh Batterson and Todd Young. Fishraider members will receive 10% off all lures and 5% off rods/reels/general tackle not including electronics and boats and accessories.Anyone purchasing a Triton boat during the Grand opening will get $1000 off the price.

New address is 103-107 Batt Street, Penrith NSW 2750. Contact phone number is 02 4721 0455.

Heres a few pics to wet the appetite

post-1-1101330529_thumb.jpg

post-1-1101330592_thumb.jpg

post-1-1101330655_thumb.jpg

But wait there's more  :D

Thanks Ken,

and to anyone thinking of coming down for grand opening weekend be sure to check out the demos that will be going on all weekend

We will also have more boats from Clark and Mac Marine.

I look forward to seeing you there :1clap:

Cheers Mick

Edited by mick r

G'day Ken,

I got off the train at Kingswood on Tuesday night and saw three brand new Poly's lined up along the street so wandered over (as you do) for a bit o a sticky beak and saw they had delivery stickers on the front that said "Aust Bass Angler".

Had a bit of a chat to one of the guys and bit of a poke around.

While I thought the new store would be big I had no idea it would be THAT big and they'd be selling boats as well. :icon_peace::icon_peace:

My wife is actually due to give birth that weekend but if I can get her to cross her legs for a few hours I'll be there for a look :1clap:

Cheers,

David.

• 2 weeks later...

The weekend went really well Matt :thumbup: Plenty of familiar faces, plenty of bargains therefore plenty of $$ spent. I was flat out serving customers so the days went like a rocket. They mentioned each days sales on the weekend was a usual weeks takings so that gives u an indication of the people that got through the place. Wouldn't mind also hearing a few opinions of the place, the service, the tritons and the apparel that was showing them off :whistling::1yikes::wub::wife::busted_cop::banned2:

I was in the shop just the other day, they have everything you could want especially when it comes to lures, awesome boats ,good selection of rods and plenty of room to move around. :1clap: of course i had to spend some money and walked out with a few new goodies.Ill be back thats for sure.TROUTBOY

Matt I know one fella on this site that picked up almost 10 strudwick BWS rods. Being marked down to $99 from $250-300 odd these would have to have been the most popular bargain on the weekend. Also SPS for $119 and TPS for $179 :1yikes: , I had to keep refilling the racks on these items. I won't mention names incase their better half reads the forums :wife:

Matrix, if you live in an area that is starved of a decent tackle shop like I do, just to walk into a shop like ABA is a bargain. :biggrin2:

Bass minnows and Poo-eaters at $6.95 is a bargain as far as I'm concerned, this is a dollar cheaper than BigW.

SX-40's cost me $16 each on the opening day, again to me is good.

One of the "floor walkers" at the store also told me that once the grand opening was out of the way they will be concentrating on getting their online shop up and running. :1clap:

As for a super duper bargain, the set of pins on the triton girlie were well worth the trip over to Penrith. :biggrin2:

cheers

hooky

So there were some bargains to be had for guys that went :thumbup:

Those BMs for 6.95 or 6.50 is a great price, I woulda gotten some 2 inch ones cos I've always wanted to try em!

Rick,

Matt I know one fella on this site that picked up almost 10 strudwick BWS rods. Being marked down to $99 from $250-300 odd these would have to have been the most popular bargain on the weekend

10 rods eh? Talk abt keen :1yikes: but at such a great price, who blames him! It wouldnt to be YOU would it :wife::1prop:

While we're on the subject of super duper bargains, isnt ABA supposed to be offering an even MORE super duper bargain that will knock the socks off Fishraider members? :1Lighten:

Matt

Nah mate, never been a struddy man :1tongue: . I did clean up the Jackals though cause they were selling like a house on fire, and didn't I know it when I got home. :wife:. My wife reckons those lures should provide adult services for their price but I can't help buying them (lures not adult services :wife: ).

Hopefully the fellas will now be able to concentrate on the online store :thumbup:

Edited by Rick T

Nah mate, never been a struddy man

Only Struddie I've seen up close was a Softbodz, the one thats got the nice Blue colour scheme and the flexible guides(not sure if they r any good tho) and I must say it LOOKS nice.

......can't help buying them (lures not adult services  ).

SURE Rick :risata: !

I did clean up the Jackals though cause they were selling like a house on fire, and didn't I know it when I got home.

Actually I've been meaning to ask, I know the Jackalls are good for Bass but do ppl use these for bream or any other species? And how much do ABA sell them for? I know they arent cheap....

I've started a HB collection, I say collection cos I don't see myself using them anytime soon, only when I get lucky and get to fish off a boat :1yikes:

Matt

Nah mate, never been a struddy man

Only Struddie I've seen up close was a Softbodz, the one thats got the nice Blue colour scheme and the flexible guides(not sure if they r any good tho) and I must say it LOOKS nice.

......can't help buying them (lures not adult services  ).

SURE Rick :risata: !

I did clean up the Jackals though cause they were selling like a house on fire, and didn't I know it when I got home.

Actually I've been meaning to ask, I know the Jackalls are good for Bass but do ppl use these for bream or any other species? And how much do ABA sell them for? I know they arent cheap....

I've started a HB collection, I say collection cos I don't see myself using them anytime soon, only when I get lucky and get to fish off a boat :1yikes:

Matt

22857[/snapback]

Answer these in sequential order mate

I actually got to test the REC coil guides last friday on the GLX I was using to chase kings and they performed very well. They sing a little tune when u cast and were smooth on hook up. Able to cast all morning with a 4000 size reel without a sore wrist.

Ok, so I am victim 2 letting go of one 2 many tipping dollars in my time :huh:

Robbo mentioned to Iceman that they were tested on Barra and worked too well. The fella testing lost 3 lures in 3 casts ($90) so he went back to the cheaper methods. Dean hayes has tried them on kings and pelagics with little success. Doubt they would work on bream and I am not putting mine in the salt to try either. None left at ABA again but around $30 each normally.

Edited by Rick T