Does Anyone Sell Secure Lines For Reels

smoothaz

Can anyone tell me where to buy secure lines for rods/reels when sitting in a rod holder?Do any fishraiders make them and would you be prepared to make some more for me?I dont want to lose any more gear over the side of the boat.

Hi Smoothaz, I've always made my own, too easy just find some real small dog lead clips n tie a bit of blind cord or light rope on em n tie em off to boat. Try any hardware and whala! just like a bought one only better. Then you just loop em around the real seat and clip em on if you dont have a better mounting point.

Lata Raider.

Waynie

Guest Big-Banana

A necessity. Every time I head blokes losing their gear I think why wouldn't you have lanyard clips?

Grab the snap clips from BIAS and then get some telecom rope and make them yourself.

Guest Big-Banana

They're all different.

Go with a 30cm length with a clip tied on one end and a loop on the other. Then its as simple as doubling it around the gunard rail.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG THEY SHOULD BE AND WHAT TYPE OF KNOTS SHOULD I USE?

MMMM!!! How long is a piece of sting???

PS Try hangmans noose as a knot, and i recon you should make em long enough for inital fight then think about un cliping em.

Edited by kiwi waynie

MMMM!!! How long is a piece of sting???

PS Try hangmans noose as a knot, and i recon you should make em long enough for inital fight then think about un cliping em.

THANKS AND I WILLTRY TO MAKE SOME AS I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYONE WHO DOES.SHOULD THE CLIPS BE STAINLESS?

I got stainless steel clips from BIAS as well as some rope. I think it was about 4.5mm thick.

I got them to cut 2 pieces for me 2.5 metres long (they have a hot cutting tool that seals the ends).

I put a clip each end, made it double, and put a slip knot around the vertical on my rail (ie 2 ends through the loop). One rope each side of the boat handles 4 rods - 2 each side.

This gives plenty of length to get the rod out of the holder and fight the fish.

I put the rope around the rod above the reel and snap the clip over the rope. Just make sure the clip does not interfere with the action of the reel.

Cheers

Greg

I got stainless steel clips from BIAS as well as some rope. I think it was about 4.5mm thick.

I got them to cut 2 pieces for me 2.5 metres long (they have a hot cutting tool that seals the ends).

I put a clip each end, made it double, and put a slip knot around the vertical on my rail (ie 2 ends through the loop). One rope each side of the boat handles 4 rods - 2 each side.

This gives plenty of length to get the rod out of the holder and fight the fish.

I put the rope around the rod above the reel and snap the clip over the rope. Just make sure the clip does not interfere with the action of the reel.

Cheers

Greg

Sounds good to be able to use it for 2 rods at once.I will try out few of these ideas and hope that i dont lose any more gear.It sucks as the rod and reel were as new and it was the first casst of the day.

If u have no luck and maybe want to try a genuine item, Wattos has Round Rubber slightly Elastic ones 1m long with stainless clips for about $20. I think they are Black Pete. Thats what ive been using. Im Able to pull rod out of holder and strap on harness before detaching. Cheers and good luck. Dave

Lanyards can be used on things other than your rods

- gaffs, hit a green YFT and see how long you can keep hold of things

- knives, that are in exposed areas live the baitboard

- pacifiers, stops them from slipping out of your hand and away into the depths

- landing net

basicallly anything thats loose and used, with a chance of loss on the boat

use of a metal clip both ends makes it easy to move around the boat to tie off points

and fit to rods, but for other applications I find it better to drill and thread through

the item allowing you to knot the end off but have the other end with a clip

You can use a standard dog leash type or a snap lock carabina type depending on

your preference

before you cut to length try the application to find the correct workable length

for you, as too short will be a pain in the butt

Chris