Jewfish In Botany Bay

fisher_fez

G'day raiders,

I am a new member and this is my first post, so here goes!

I normally fish Botany Bay in my 4.7m fibreglass half cabin Crusader(mouthful). I try to fish once a week weather permitting. At this time of the year I normally target trevally in the afternoons & fish for tailor at night. I love the taste of leatherjackets & don't mind catching a few for a feed!

Here is one for the jewfish gurus. Is there a time of the year where jewfish fishing in Botany Bay is a waste of time?

Could you still catch jewfish in June, July & August in Botany Bay?

I have been a long time reader of raider forms & happy to have taken the plunge to join & associate with fellow raiders.

fisher_fez

:1welcomeani: fisher_fez

i dont normally fish botany but im sure a few of the raiders that consistently catch jews shud help you out.

feel free to use the search button on the site, as there may be previous topics that shud assist you!

Cheers

Davy

G'day raiders,

I am a new member and this is my first post, so here goes!

I normally fish Botany Bay in my 4.7m fibreglass half cabin Crusader(mouthful). I try to fish once a week weather permitting. At this time of the year I normally target trevally in the afternoons & fish for tailor at night. I love the taste of leatherjackets & don't mind catching a few for a feed!

Here is one for the jewfish gurus. Is there a time of the year where jewfish fishing in Botany Bay is a waste of time?

Could you still catch jewfish in June, July & August in Botany Bay?

I have been a long time reader of raider forms & happy to have taken the plunge to join & associate with fellow raiders.

fisher_fez

After the rain will be great to have a go for the jewfish in the bay These fish will always be there when the river is running with mud after flood conditions.Maybe around the two bridges of an evening ( best to fish the tide changes and on anchor )Watts reef in the deeper channel or even the bombie (however you must be most cautious fishing this area as it can be treachorous in big swells, definately not fished then) Fish squid or live yaccas or even good slabs of striped tuna. It would be worth a go. Good luck

Ross

Hi mate, :1welcomeani: to fishraider.

A top spot for jews is around the captain cook bridge.

Fish around the first pylon on the southern end on a run out tide in the eddie.

Iv seen guys using live tailor here and landing some BIG fish.

gOOD LUCK WITH THE FISHING.

Cheers james

I have heard of good sized ones being caught in the Georges River in mid winter. Most of them depart for warmer waters, but with so much food around (blackfish, bream etc) it makes sense for some to hang around.

Get some live mullet, yackas or squid and head out there once the low moves east and the pressure starts to rise. If you can get near Captain Cook without too many other boats you may be lucky.

Dave