Werrington Lake

kiwi waynie

G'Day Raiders, I went doen to Werrinton lake this morning with my good mate PJ Garn to wet a line and see if we could get into some carp. It was a fairly eventful morning got down the lake a bout 6.30 to be greated by a fairly thick blanket of fog over a picturesque lake. PJ set up coarse fishing style and i with my trusty old pvc tubes as rod holders. First cast things were a bit quiet which allowed us to enjoy a warming cup of coffee untill PJ's electronic bite detector went off BEEEPP! a quick lift of the rod tip from Mr Garn and ZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZ!!! this things run a good 50m before any line was gained. Then came the see sawing battle that probably went for 5 min.

post-4283-1181549273_thumb.jpg

Bloody hell Waynie he aint gonna stop.

post-4283-1181549312_thumb.jpg

Fainally at the bank and a couple of last dirty tricks.

I was quite suprised it wern't bigger (and for all you carp knockers who reacon their not thier idea of fishin check out the outfit used 3kg i think) 62cm that went like a 80 model.

post-4283-1181551232_thumb.jpg

post-4283-1181551334_thumb.jpg

After that the exitement must have got to much for some of the lakes residents as two duck came right up to where we were sitting and well errr mmmm well when a duck and a drake love each other very much. You get the picture (and i know your laughing, we were)As for me i got bites for nada, nil, zip and one fish lost to a snag, heart broken became the word of the day. Couple of young fellas seen PJ's carp hanging in the tree and dashed home for some gear and no sooner had they returned one of them got a good bite (from a passer bye's dog!) well Mr Garn got a card off me and insisted the guy give his details to the kid who's fishin was over before it began. Shortly after biding the young fella good bye we decided to call it a day and as we were leaving we got chatin to a fella who was fishin with a couple of kids who asked if he could have our carp PJ replied sure what do you want to do with it?? eat it the man replied :puke::puke::puke:. So there you have it that was our day, sorry the post is so long but as i'm posting on behalf of PJ Garn he would expect it (post your own bro!).

Lata Raida

Waynie and PJ Garn.

thats a fat carp there.

i gotta say that even tho its a carp its a nice pic - good colours, fins erect

apparently because carp has lots of oil its really good burley / bait.

yet to try it, but its a thought

gotta love the desperation / ingenuity comin out in a keen fisho :thumbup:

Hi Nathan,

No carp dont make good burley or bait PJ Garn took one out one day and soon as that crap hit the water the fish went off. we had to move and as for desperate fish like that on 2-3 kg gear 5 min down the road yeehar! Cost us bout $5 to go and thats what im talkin bout!!

Lata Raida

Waynie

Hi Waynie

PJ Garn ere... not a bad morning out on the Werro Lake!!! Pity about your striking ability tho!!! I'd always heard that this little lake held some big carp but this was the first time ever I'd ever fished it and I'll be back. (I want a big goldfish next time!!!)

Just to add to Kiwi Waynie's report. We fished the bare bank under the "She Oaks" with bread, sweet corn and even power bait with bites on them all! (the fish in the photo was caught on corn) I'd describe the fishing as slow... but as I've not fished with Waynie for quite a while the time past quickly!!! (lots to catch up on)

Well not alot more to say, I think Waynie covered it all. We've decided to check out other lakes in the area for carp action over the next few weeks as the Nepean is probably going to be a right off until the waters go down. Meanwhile here are a couple of carp pics from previous outtings.

We'd be interested to hear from others who truly enjoy the tug from a thumping carp on ultra-light outfits!!!

Cheers

Garn

post-4461-1181559317_thumb.jpg

Edited by PJ Garn

Here are a couple more!!! The young boy is my second cousin from England - Matty. He came to Australia on holiday about 2 years ago and we caught this down the Nepean River one Saturday arvo!!!

For all you carp knockers... u don't know what ya missin!!!

Garn

did u leave them on the banks to die

Of course we did!!! After we'd DONGED it first!!!

post-4461-1181559943_thumb.jpg

Edited by PJ Garn

Hey Guys,

That's so tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live like 3 seconds from Werro lake and take my kids down sometimes and feed the whoppers near the little wooden foot bridge on the way in just before the playground with bread. Of course the geese and ducks get most of it.

There are some whoppa gold fish in there as well - bright orange ones!!

I've often thought about taking some gear down and catching a few of the buggars... maybe I should - just for laughs.... :tease:

Thanks for the post... great stuff.

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hey Guys,

That's so tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live like 3 seconds from Werro lake and take my kids down sometimes and feed the whoppers near the little wooden foot bridge on the way in just before the playground with bread. Of course the geese and ducks get most of it.

I've often thought about taking some gear down and catching a few of the buggars... maybe I should - just for laughs.... :tease:

Thanks for the post... great stuff.

Cheers

David.

Have you got any idea how much you could sell em for BIG$$$$

What do you do with them if they are no good for eating bait or burley????

Great sport then kill em as is the law. Doing the water ways a favor

Well deon guys, you have motivated me to try the local lakes at Cecil Hills, i know there are eel and catfish in there and i hope there are carp as well.

Who knocks fighting carp, eating them maybe but catching them is great....

Arif

Well deon guys, you have motivated me to try the local lakes at Cecil Hills, i know there are eel and catfish in there and i hope there are carp as well.

Who knocks fighting carp, eating them maybe but catching them is great....

Arif

I know that lake and thought it might be a likely spot for a bit of carpin'!!!! See you down there!!!

Garn

Here are a couple more!!! The young boy is my second cousin from England - Matty. He came to Australia on holiday about 2 years ago and we caught this down the Nepean River one Saturday arvo!!!

For all you carp knockers... u don't know what ya missin!!!

Garn

Of course we did!!! After we'd DONGED it first!!!

Nice catch mate, I fish where you caught that carp!! Good spot isn't it. Have you ever eaten carp?

Nice catch mate, I fish where you caught that carp!! Good spot isn't it. Have you ever eaten carp?

It's a top spot... we call it Fletcher's Beach on account of the Water Dragon that lives there!! (His name is Fletcher by the way)

It great except for the turds who leave their rubbish (Corn tins, beer bottles, fishin' line, etc) behind. I always take a bag with me to clean up after them!!! Did you ever see the bench some nice person made and left at the spot??? It now resides up the river past the narrows on a rock... Yes someone relocated it!!!

Yes I have eaten Carp... once only!!! I now glow on a dark night... LOL

We'll have to catch up at Fletchers!!! PM if ya interested!!!

Cheers

Garn

my boy's been bugging me for the last 2 weekends cause we go to Watto's, buy stuff, drive for AGES but never catch anything! (H&C Bay has been shocking the lsat couple of weeks)

Might give it a go at Werro tomorrow with him!

It's 5 minutes away from me and if he gets a bit of a fight on his 2 kg rod, i'm sure it'll make his day!

Werrington is a top spot I have fished it quite a lot

also some more spots for you to try out west are

Woodcroft lake, Plumpton park there is a place near StMarys

that was the old horse stud laflur stables I think it was called

that used to fire for carp big muthas to

also the creek that runs out of Nurragingy reserve is pretty good to

but would probably be a mud fest atm

out Miranda way there is a place called the camilia gardens walk round

it and fish on the other side of their park it can be pretty good at times to

(but then again if your gonna go all the way out to Miranda you would probably go

fish the hacking)

Cheers

Coollamon