Queen's Birthday

went out with Dad yesterday , picked me up at 5.30 for a chilly start to the day

got to the ramp just before 6.oo to see only 2 other trailers, so a nice easy launch

motoring out the water was like glass , till we rounded the breakwall then there was a slight ripple

slight sth to s/w blowing so we headed straight for Dolls point

the further along the beach we got , the bigger the swell , 4' waves at dolls pt ( 3 guys surfed later on )

so we started another drift towards the middle of the bay were the water was smooth

put on my 4 " gulp turtleback worm and proceeded to cast and retrieve (about 50 times )before a bite

couple of small tailor , quickley dispatched to fight another day

Dad's turn now and has a short tussle with a small flattie , returned also

after about an hour we drifted over some some nice lumpy looking bottom in 3 meters

had a good hit and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing , off goes my little reel , man this is fun

another couple of runs and i get a look at it , a nice aussie salmon doing an impersonation of a marlin

couple of more runs and jumps and he's boatside , so it's time to try our new rubber net

the salmon is playing hardball as we try to net him , diving deep as Dad gets the net close

these fish are good fighters on light gear and have plenty of stamina

Im starting to get the shits and decide to try to land him myself (Dad doesn't like the new net ) :1badmood:

get him just about in and grab the leader and you guessed it , snap :05:

oh well, at least I got a good thrill ride

10 minutes later Dad's on , another sambo and this ones screaming

Dad's new bream rod , a berkley dropshot is getting a serious workout

run after run and it doesn't want to get near the boat , but unlike me, Dad has patience

after a good 10 or 12 minutes I christened the new net and Dad his rod

we go back and do the same drift , and a short while later another hit and my reel is singing again

I call it for a sambo as he takes a few runs , but get him close and it's a big whiting

41 cm's for my pb

don't they go hard as well

after about 7 long hours and only 2 keepers we call it a day, this is when we saw the blokes surfing Doll's pt ,

what a sight

sorry no pic's

hope next fortnight is better as my freezer is MT

Hi mate

The bay was pretty slow yesterday, top whiting 41cm is a thumper.

What ramp did you launch at?

I fished with luke(wildfish) on his boat around the bay and ducked outside when the seas died down for 2 tailor around the 32cm mark at bare island and 2 pesky eels.

cheers james

Edited by james1990