Bayview Park

robeebee

Hey robeebee,

There are some good fish to be caught mainly bream on plastics and lure in this location. I have not fished the wharf at the northern side of the park but fished along the area on the western side. It's mainly catch & release area. I don't know if I would eat the fish from this location though.

fisher_fez

Gday mate this spot produces good fishing although not off the wharf, I usually walk to the left of the wharf and follow the joggers path, flicking plastics, have caught plenty of fish here, and on a nice day their is usually some nice views around, bream flatties whiting flounder taylor are the go here, good luck.

Exile Bay(just left of the wharf) or Canada Bay(just right of the wharf) are indeed excellent fishing locations. The best way to go is using softplastic lures and the bonus of this location is that you may fish here at high tide off the wall and even on low tide if you have a pair of waders. The start of the run out tide has generally produced better than the run up however when wading i like to work the edges on the start of the run up or last of the run out.

If you would like a further run down on what plastics to use and the best places of the walkway, PM me, im more than happy to share with anyone.

There are a few fish to be had on the whard however, they are mainly peckers, small tarwhine and the like with the occasional decent sized flathead.

DAN

I like the western side of Canada bay along the beach there though I fish it from a boat casting towards the shoreline Theres no reason why it shouldnt work wading as well High tide along there is best I use SX40s along there in colours 309 and 307 Good whiting are often caught here along with bream and flatties Xmas to april is best Surface lures should work here as well as Ive seen fish chasing prawns