Raiders Of The Lost Carp!

PJ Garn

Hi Raiders

Another weekend spent pursuing piscatorial pleasures!!! I picked up Kiwi Waynie alittle late (7.20ish) and ventured out to Werro Lake... or as some have been calling it Lake Werrington. The sun was already up and we expected to be greeted by a bunch of fellow raider devotees after last weeks response to our posting!!! But much to our dismay there was nobody there!!! Where the "Bloody Hell" were you???

Anyway we used this day as adventurers... the type you see in the movies!!! Armed with my trusty light weight rod outfitted with a new baitrunner reel purchased from Watto's yesterday arvo and Kiwi Waynie with his old faithfuls we spent a couple of hours watching the ducks!!!

Amidst all this fun we noticed one duck with a large chemically sharpened hook in it's beak... I coaxed the creature to within my reaches... it's hisses would have terrified a lesser adventurer but I was not scared as it snapped at the bread in my fingers!!! A thought crossed my mind as I spied the new landing net (also got at Watto's) resting against a tree "Indeed... there is a better way!!!". So now with the right tool for the job and Kiwi Waynie with the piers at the ready... we netted him, removed the hook and so SAVED this creature from a certain painful death!!!

Back to the fishin'; between banana's I landed a shortfinned eel!!! (Slimey, knotty horrible thing!!!) Yes I do take Nanas fishin!!! It's an old wives tale they are bad luck!!! But guess wat - the Kiwi wouldn't touch one!!! :banana::banana::banana:

post-4461-1182064003_thumb.jpg

And so with one eel as our prize we packed our bags and set of in search of more fertile grounds... to the hills we took in our trusty carriage, our destination Glenbrook Lagoon... on our reconnaissance of this idilic location we interogated a guy feeding the ducks with his young boy, he revealed that he had seen fish in here although they were not fit for sustenance!!! (Carp he believed... LOST CARP???)

Our notes on Glenbrook Lagoon: :secret:

1) The water has apparently risen with the recent rain but the clarity remains unaffected!!!

2) With the rise in water level very shallow areas with submerged weeds and snags make bank fishing near impossible at the moment.

3) Only a few spots are available for bank fishing. A majority of the banks have Bullrushes covering them... this could be a great lake for some Kayak fishin' action!!! Just need to buy some Kayaks now!!! Anyone got a couple of inflatables going cheap???

After this disappointing but enlightening side trip we decided to venture into more uncharted territory and headed for Glemore Loch. After an unscheduled stop to pick up things off the side of the road that a kindly mountain hag was throwing out!! (Council cleanup - scored a couple of garden rakes, unused bbq heat beads, plant pots, 4 slice toaster and 1950's toaster and electric jug thats going on Ebay, irrigation parts, crocodile nutcracker) we continued to our final destination.

We conveniently parked the beast just metres from our hunting ground and spent the next two hours doing the same as we had at Lake Werro with the same result but this time the Kiwi was jubilant!!! The experience of fishin' in suburbia a new one for us both with steel beasts racing past at 60 km/h and with two even getting into a little fight!!!! But alas no Carp!!!

Till next time Raiders'... I hope you enjoyed our little adventure!!! :insane::insane::insane:

We hope you'll join us for more "Raiders of the LOST CARP"

Cheers

PJ Garn & Kiwi Waynie :horse:

:1yikes: WHAT have i done?

i've started carp mania ...........

:074:

lol i actually considered taking my little neighbour out for carp but the weather was too :thumbdown:

great read guys, shame there were no carp to be had. next time you venture out to chase the carp send me a pm and if available ill be there with bells on.

Ditto for me :1prop:

I went up to plumpton this arvo and it was ok got 2 30cm models

but nothing special

I am going to burley the lake over the next couple of nights so they know where to come

then on Saturday morn should be good(I have heard this works well)

Welcome to join me guys if you want

Cheers

Coollamon

I went up to plumpton this arvo and it was ok got 2 30cm models

but nothing special

I am going to burley the lake over the next couple of nights so they know where to come

then on Saturday morn should be good(I have heard this works well)

Welcome to join me guys if you want

Cheers

Coollamon

Depending on what time ur there..... and what time im working.....I'll be there!

Geez PJ.

That must have been some extreme fishing. If you have to be that stealthy that you "cam up" to try and get them. I was looking in the background for your rifle. :074:

nice report mate.

better luck next time

arch

Sparkles

Lost Carp are timid, elusive creatures... in clear waters they won't bite if they see their pursuer!!! On this day the waters were muddy so camo gear was pointless!!! I thought it would hide my little tummy and keep me warm!!!

Cheers

PJ Garn

Edited by PJ Garn