Yakkin For Salmon

Hi all,

After a failed sesh on friday where I spent several hours for just one brief hookup, I headed back out yesterday morning for a brief sesh before work. Conditions were perfect for people with crystal clear glassy waters though it was still pretty fresh in the early morning.

However, it remained to be seen if the fish would play the game. In contrast to friday however, the wait wasn't long with my little tango taken on the drop after just a few minutes drift casting. A nice little tussle ensued as I worked the fish over to where another fisher was spinning from the bank and asked him to net it for me as I didn't want to pull the hooks on this one like the last. Although not a big fish, this one was about average and was destined for the pan as I'd promised a friend a fish the next time I caught a nice eating one. As it turned out the release option was taken out of my hands as the net man promptly unhooked and then Ike Jime'd the fish for me before I had a chance to even thank him for his net work.

With the mission accomplished early I elected to head in to give me plenty of time to clean the fish, wash the blood from the yak and have a warming thermos coffee while I watched a few other fishers

before getting changed and heading off to work.

Cheers

Col.

post-1831-1182159626_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1182159697_thumb.jpg

post-1831-1182159757_thumb.jpg

Edited by wrasseman

Top shots there, Col. Oooh, salmon are beautiful, one of my favourites when panfried in butter and served with cracked black pepper and fresh lime wedges. Mmmmmmmmm...

cheers,

Cid

Mmmmmmmmmmm,sounds delish ,I've never tried Salmon.

penguin