Downrigger Install

gaz

I have got a 1050 dr, i guess will it be best to mount stbd side ie driver side and transducer side?

I only plan on having the one.

As i am not always fishing what is the best way to mount so it is removable for the days out with the family.

Its going on a quinnie coastrunner and if anyone has some pics of where they mounted it and if they are happy on where they did would be great.

gaz

Hi Gaz

Does not really matter it's personal choice

i would say left hand side so whilst your seated and driving,

you can also have a quick look around to see how it is going.

But in saying that mine is on the right

I don,t know why

Hope that helped I think it hasn't

also here is a recent thread that spoke about placement

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...51&hl=netic

Thanks Penguin

Is the mount the 9 or 12inch gimble mount and no problems with going in the standard plastic rod holders?

What size weight do you use?

I use a 7lb weight,and as for the length it is 10 inches, got

it from Fishfinder Tony.

My plastic holders have held well although not realy tested,

im going for steel ones soon as I've read that plastic ones

have snapped on other Raiders boats.

good luck

Thanks Penguin

Is the mount the 9 or 12inch gimble mount and no problems with going in the standard plastic rod holders?

What size weight do you use?

hey penguin......do you have any issues with the rigger out the back instead of the side, i know the quinnies have a pod like transom - and its also on your transducer side - do you ever worry about the cable or the bomb taking your transducer out? ....i know with the gimble mount you cant mount it sideways without making a new pad/adapter

Penguin,

With the gimbal mount is the mount long enough to lock into the slot at the bottom to enable it to be out at 90deg as it looks to be dead flat on the top of the rod holder.

Yes It locks into the slot at the bottom of the holder and just sits flat at the top

penguin

hey penguin......do you have any issues with the rigger out the back instead of the side, i know the quinnies have a pod like transom - and its also on your transducer side - do you ever worry about the cable or the bomb taking your transducer out? ....i know with the gimble mount you cant mount it sideways without making a new pad/adapter

Heres another pic,I have put a rod in the downrigger to make it easier to see,

the transducer is out of the way,and if it were not,the downrigger can be positioned

on the opposite side with ease, also when I am motoring along slowly the downrigger cable

is pulled back a few feet from the boat so it clears everything anyway.

post-1664-1182338064_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin