Pot Luck

femalefisho

Been a while since I have posted a report. Have not fished much this year as I would have liked to but nonetheless have caught something when I have gone out. The first catch was before this bad weather hit. I spent a very cold night out in Botany Bay casting strips of squid and squid heads behind a heavy birley trail. I caught heaps of fish including this kingfish which surprised me totally. On the night I caught about 6 ambos and 3 XOS sized tailor.

post-1898-1182763009_thumb.jpg

This weekend I decided to venture into waters I am not familiar with. Woke up at 8.30am and grabbed the boat and my son to go to middle harbour. Had heaps of frozen yakkas in the freezer that I decided I would take. Also grabbed some prawns from the servo for the youngster. I wanted to try and get some John Dory after doing some late night research the night before. Got to the boat ramp and launched the boat. I was surprised how dirty the water was. Stopped before the spit so my son can have some fun. He caught a few undersized reds and that kept him happy. Meanwhile I was doing my head in trying to figure out where to find yakkas. Anyway we left that spot and I headed out looking for cleaner water. I got to middle head then it was hold on for your life. IT WAS ROUGH so I moved on in. As I was boating in I sounded a nice drop of. The tide was almost high so I stopped and burleyed up. I ended up with quite a few flatties including this beautiful female which weighed 4.5kg on the dot (my PB). She went back into the water later on after I looked at her in the live bait tank. My son woke up from his arvo snooze and we moved in. I hit a log when I passed the spit bridge and knocked out my sonar (fish finder). That was the end of the day.

post-1898-1182763484_thumb.jpg

Nice fish mate, both the king and the flattie.

I fished Middle harbor yesterday as well, and went into the harbor for a little bit. Im pretty sure I saw you and your young bloke he had is life jacket on. And then again when use came back into the harbor.

Cheers

Dan

some decent fish caught there congrats.. yer as Rob said wat do u mean by ambos? :S

bl on the fish finder..

Ambos -- Sorry guys meant to type Sambos but typed to fast.

Yep that was me - Ay had his life jacket on - poor thing cannot move with it on but it is better

being safe as opposed to taking chances.

The tailor were from 2kg to 3.5kg - BIG fangs on them - lost even bigger ones as they cut my trace.

The king I think was around 65 cm - not a big fish but legal and not a very good fight on 30 pound rigged for big jew.

Middle Harbour is a very interesting place - will have to discover it further.

Sounder got knoked right of the transom, dangling from the cord - hope no damage was done to it - wont be taking the boat out for a while - its in the carport - I call it the winter spring clean on the boat - when I modify and repair. The water had heaps of rubbish in it - fisherwomen and men - be careful at night as this log almost punctured my hull - I thuoght it was a small branch until it hit BANNGGG ( my stupidity )