Sydney Fishing

Mitchie180

For those based in the sydney area im just wondering where the best areas are for a land based fisherman are around the eastern suburbs of sydney (im based in double) ive heard parsley bay are good for an odd kingy, flathead, squid, leatherjacket, snapper and whiting and that rosebay is good for blackfish and flatties so on but im also wondering how double bay jetty fishes and how it goes for squid too, or just in general any good areas close.

hlep is greatly appreciated

cheers Mitch

My 8 year old son caught a 54cm flattie on SP's at the end of the wall at Rushcutters Bay - up from the Cruising Yacht Club (from memory).

Fish next to the house at the end of the dead end street and there is a sand bar there which gets wash off all the boats and waves.

A lot of the rock platforms are supposed to be good, but dangerous in the weather we have been having lately.

Cheers

Greg

My 8 year old son caught a 54cm flattie on SP's at the end of the wall at Rushcutters Bay - up from the Cruising Yacht Club (from memory).

Fish next to the house at the end of the dead end street and there is a sand bar there which gets wash off all the boats and waves.

A lot of the rock platforms are supposed to be good, but dangerous in the weather we have been having lately.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks for the advice greg, ill definately give it ago in the near future!

Two words for you Mitch : Moored Boats . There are hundreds of them near you , try flicking a plastic or a prawn under the grottiest one you can find , flatties tend to hang out under them , waiting for tucker to drop to them ! I have also caught bream and kingfish in those locations. Good Luck!

Ross

I have in the past caught some monster 40cm fat Bream,and

XOS Tailer,as well as LJ's from shore at dawn next to Harry's at

Woolloomooloo,and i have had the hooks straightened on a set

of gang hooks twice there on a 100lb handline using a whole Pillie.

Also as Ross said try moored boats in the bays as well.

penguin