Hawkesbury 25th Nov

riders

Well what can I say but a rather quite week relaxing on the hawkesbury turned into a major change in one of my life dreams. That is I have now caught one of those monsters even if it is only a baby compared to the biggest.

Caught on a garfish, 6/0 longshank hook, on the turn off the tide this lovely 1150mm, weighing in at 15kgs, jewfish landed itself in my boat.

Well it landed half in the net and the other half was me nearly in the water making sure it did make it in. For those of you that have done this you can imagine how I felt. The old legs were like jelly the arms and hands were shaking to bits and all I wanted to do was give that big bugger a cuddle.

It certainly doesn't come any better than this.

:1clap::D:thumbup:

post-115-1101620439_thumb.jpg

post-115-1101620470_thumb.jpg

post-115-1101620487_thumb.jpg

:beersmile:

That is a great fish Riders.  One that will stay in the memory for a very long time.  You realise of course that we all want more info.  Was it a live gar ?  Was it in a berley trail ?  Was it on the bottom or floating ? And of course the biggie - what general area ??

21234[/snapback]

Pedro I've re lived the landing about 10 times now in my sleep. :)

Ok the Gar was from a frozen packet, I prefer these to pillies and have more success with them and they stay on the hook too. :thumbup:

Berley trail always when I'am fishing and nothing better than mother choice - boiled wheat with heaps of garlic powder. (the wife hates me cooking it) :1pash::1pash:

Bottom rig running sinker with a leader about ? meters long. :1tongue:

Now of course the area well it was in the hawkesbury river, the picture doesn't help cause thats not where it was caught, however it is at a very popular spot for jews - yep JUNO POINT

cheers riders :beersmile::banana::drunk:

Top stuff mate.  :1clap:

It looks like I'll have to start chasing big jews again and re-claim the record as soon as my car's back on the road.  :1fishing1:

21235[/snapback]

Look forward to the challenge mate, might see you out there in the on coming adventures.

cheers riders

Congratulations on a good fish Riders.  The fish deserves your big cuddle and you your big grin :thumbup: . A certainty for the brag board at home I'd reckon.  Like Pedro says: generally, where when & how?

Cheers, Darryl

21260[/snapback]

Darryl - brag board mate its on every computer I have access too and more :biggrin2:

You will see some of the answers in pedros reply mate, hope it helps.

cheers riders :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Top Stuff Riders :greatpics:

Mate i know what you mean about the legs and arms doing the hoki poki :thumbup: . Nothing gets the heart going better than a nice jew.

Well done mate, great looking fish.

21280[/snapback]

Thanks Snag and to make it worse I was in hospital with a bulged disc on friday 19th, sent home full of drugs and more to take - I now know what the best drug in the world is. :fisher:

cheers riders

Now that’s one fantastic fish, Riders. :thumbup::1clap:

I’ve been at it for two years and haven’t come close to one that size, I’m green with envy. :ranting2:

Great fish and hope you get among a few more. :1fishing1:

Did you get it day or night?

Have you eaten any of it yet?

Now that’s one fantastic fish, Riders. :thumbup:  :1clap:

I’ve been at it for two years and haven’t come close to one that size, I’m green with envy. :ranting2:

Great fish and hope you get among a few more. :1fishing1:

Did you get it day or night?

Have you eaten any of it yet?

21374[/snapback]

Afternoon about an hour after the turn of the tide, also during the week got 3 others 55cm to 60cm same sort of timing but not at juno pt :1clap:

Tonight we are having jewie steaks on the barby marinated in some magical potion the wife has. :thumbup:

cheers riders

Thats one top fish mate.

You didn't mention how many other boats were working Juno at the time. I have lost a couple of fish to anchor ropes and the like when it gets busy and I expect you had some competition on the day??

Cheers,

Byron

Thats one top fish mate.

You didn't mention how many other boats were working Juno at the time. I have lost a couple of fish to anchor ropes and the like when it gets busy and I expect you had some competition on the day??

Cheers,

Byron

21394[/snapback]

Luckily at the time only 4 boats in the area, 1 well behind me, 1 about 20 meters across and back and one that I think wanted to anchor in my boat. :angry2:

But lady luck on my side and the old fella ran back to the point so I had a clear passage. :biggrin2:

As you say though it could of all gone bad with the boat behind.

cheers riders

Ohh mate I was gona say well done till you mentioned Holden a couple posts back :1tongue: ... haha just kidding thats a fantastic fish you got there well done :thumbup:

21429[/snapback]

I guess you will get you revenge at eastern creek, but until then its all mine :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

cheers riders