Narra Lake In My New Waders.

mrmoshe

Went down to narra lake today to try out my new pair of waders I got from Go-Fish yesterday.

Boy, are they comfy, warm and dry. I bought a pair of thermal socks at the same time and they made all the difference.

The fishing was quiet to say the least..no flatties about, just the usual small bream before I came across

school after school of chopper tailor.

These babies are still just under legal at 27cm...having watched them grow from tiddlers of 7cm just 3 months or so ago.

It was fun fishing anyway and very entertaining catching and releasing one after another.

The lake is still full of fresh but at least still open and the outgoing tide was moving nicely. water clarity wasn't too bad but still could clear up some more.

One thing I did notice was that a lot of the ribbon weed is back along the edges which is good to see....might be getting back to normal now and I suspect the prawns will be around again.

Might give it another go on Friday as the weather Wed & Thurs. looks shite for fishing.

Cheers...a warm and dry,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Great to see you getting out for a fish Pete! :thumbup:

Lucky you had your new waders, I don't think you would have lasted a minute without them. :frozen:

Good to see the lake getting a good flush as well. It would have been ages since it has been open for this long & you're right, it will be a bumper prawn season down there this summer.

Too bad some more fish didn't come out to play but at least you had fun with your pet Tailor.

Cheers,

Grant.

pete,

you are like a an old mother, watching her children grow.

you will have to start feeding those cute little tailer so they grow a little bit.

THEN WE CAN SMASH EM. :074:

Ooohh yeah Sparkles..it's going to be fun when they get to legal size.

Yesterday I saw them smashing bait schools all over the place so no problems with them feeding

and getting bigger.

I even saw one school chase a big poddy of nearly a kilo which leapt out of the drink to escape the hoard of little buggers.

They are so aggessive, I even got one right at my feet while winding in my bait with the tinyest bit left on the hook. This thing darted out from the right and smashed the hook right in front of me.

Give it another month and then they will all be keepers.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Pete

Where is the photo?? Everyone looks so different in their waders!! My first ones were for NZ trout fishing in very cold water (so cold, the runners on the rod would ice up!) & the neoprene is so thick (at least 1cm) they'd stand up by themselves!!! I looked like Mr Michelin Man in them!

Then I got a thinner pair for Aussie, but they were more 'body hugging' so looked even worse .......

Now I have a pair of Snowbee 'rubbery' ones & they are fine! My oldest brother gave me a dud 'canvas type' pair that I was able to make into a pair of thigh waders - great for grabbing weed in the lake (when you can find some!)

The water is finally coming back to normal depth here & a bit clearer. Just hope the fish come back on, too!

I must wear the socks, tho - my rock hopping booties (with spikes) has given me dreadful sores from rubbing on my achilles!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Pete

Where is the photo?? Everyone looks so different in their waders!! My first ones were for NZ trout fishing in very cold water (so cold, the runners on the rod would ice up!) & the neoprene is so thick (at least 1cm) they'd stand up by themselves!!! I looked like Mr Michelin Man in them!

Then I got a thinner pair for Aussie, but they were more 'body hugging' so looked even worse .......

Now I have a pair of Snowbee 'rubbery' ones & they are fine! My oldest brother gave me a dud 'canvas type' pair that I was able to make into a pair of thigh waders - great for grabbing weed in the lake (when you can find some!)

The water is finally coming back to normal depth here & a bit clearer. Just hope the fish come back on, too!

I must wear the socks, tho - my rock hopping booties (with spikes) has given me dreadful sores from rubbing on my achilles!

Cheers

Roberta

No piccies I'm afraid Roberta.

The waders I bought were the PVC ones by Shakes-peare...not the super warm ones as i never go chasing trout in snow covered streams. They were $69.95 and even less with the 10% FR discount. best investment i've made in a while as the water in the lake is like ice at the moment.

These are just right and comfy as hell.

The thermal socks are great too...very thin, but warm as toast.

I just wear a pair tracky daks and the thermal socks and find them just the right temperature.

Go Fish have a great range of warm stuff from full thermals to everything else you need to keep warm.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Well done on getting yourself out there for a fish, im dying to

do the same,got the US navy to entertain for the next few days then im

out of town for nearly a week,so no fishing for me for awhile :(

ps, I hope them Tailor hang around for u once they are legal size.

penguin