What Rod Recommendations?

Deschanel

Hi there just wondering what type of rod people recommend for a Shimano Stradic 2500 reel. I'm probably looking for something in the 7 ft mark around 2 to 5kg and light to fast action graphite? Something which is good for soft plastics and bait.

:1fishing1:

Hi there just wondering what type of rod people recommend for a Shimano Stradic 2500 reel. I'm probably looking for something in the 7 ft mark around 2 to 5kg and light to fast action graphite? Something which is good for soft plastics and bait.

i may be able to help a bit on this one. i use yankee fenwicks and quarrow fly/spin rods and i have had a couple of custom rods made over the years.

recently a friend whose judgement i respect recommended a saratoga nibble tip rod 2-4kg a $14 el cheapo from melbourne with 3 spare nibble tips, light medium and "heavy" , a super lively heavy at that.

i thought he was joking till i bait fished with him.

strike me lucky. everything got hooked at one tug of the tip. i even had tiddler size fish eyeballed together on my tandem hooks

the blanks memory action flicks and shakes the rod tips around and the rods hooked fish up nearly every time and far more often than other rods spread around the boat

they were all on the backbone and a rod tinkerer mate of mine tested the blank by bending the rod to the hilt. the secondary spine was just as strong when he bent it the other way round. he ordered one too.

for a lousy $14 the quality was excellent, guides, reel seat all excellent and top class wrappings and finish. i bought 4 and gifted 4 to a far better soft plastics and fly bloke than me.

the number of others that tried them bought extra ones too and it spread on from there and all this at only $14.00 a pop.

i'll buy a few more for Christmas and get a gold watch in return

so it just goes to prove that you don't always get what you pay for at all.

hope this helps

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Have a look at the Starlo Stix Tournament Pro series.

Fantastic rods and good value for money. I have three of them which I use for tossing SP's. One with a Stradic 2500.

I sold my GL3 Loomis rods after I purchased them and I'm not sorry.

Guest MRS WATTO

Hi

Maybe you could PM Watto, FIshfinder or Go fish and I am sure they will be able to help you

Hi Deschanel, I have 2 Stradic 2500's one of my rods is a Shimano Rack Raider 6'8" one piece Ian Miller, and the other is a Berkley Pro Tactic one piece, they are both beaut rods and are both 2 to 5kg. They work great for me for flicking my flattie lures and are great for bream and whiting very light weight and easy to handle. Hope this helps you with your rod choice, good luck.. Ray R...

Have a look at the Starlo Stix Tournament Pro series.

Fantastic rods and good value for money. I have three of them which I use for tossing SP's. One with a Stradic 2500.

I sold my GL3 Loomis rods after I purchased them and I'm not sorry.

I have the Lite Spin and am soon to purchase the Mid Spin.

Absolutely in love with those rods, great rod for getting that much needed sharp action into the SP lure.

Cast a mile aswell, compared to other rods which are like spagetti.

IFS

go for a bloody expensive small rod, to match you bloody expensive small reel. :tease:

jokes ...just jokes :1prop: