Crabbing

abiasin

hi guys,

is it worth crabbing whilst at the hairtail social, if so what places in the hawkesbury would be worth while trying as i have limited crabbing knowledge and would like to score some blueys to eat on the houseboat.

i only know of mooney mooney creek as a pretty good spot.

any info would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Edited by Kingies till i die

I would not mind hearing some good ideas on crabbing as well. But I live in sydney.

I'll use the search feature, but they they are too good eating to not talk about.

I used to get them in rose bay with my dad, on the sand flats. When i was only a wee lad.

And a few would be around in the moorings near the police station.

Any suggestions on baits, times etc?

Arch

Hey Guys,

In my limited time "crabbing", I have found a few spots that may help.

The boat moorings around the front of Parsley Bay is a good spot just behind the boats near the weed.

Smiths Creek is a good spot for hairtail aswell as crabs. Just pop into any of the bays that run off it and drop your traps on the sand near the end.Just pay attention to what the tide is doing.

I should think that Waratah and Jerusalem Bays would be the same.Just drop the traps up near the end.This may be a good option as most Raiders will probably end up fishing there that night.Both these Bays have a mythical reputation for hairtale.

All the best on the weekend lads, I think that my venture out has come to a sudden hault

Cheers,

Stumpy

Hey Guys,

In my limited time "crabbing", I have found a few spots that may help.

The boat moorings around the front of Parsley Bay is a good spot just behind the boats near the weed.

Smiths Creek is a good spot for hairtail aswell as crabs. Just pop into any of the bays that run off it and drop your traps on the sand near the end.Just pay attention to what the tide is doing.

I should think that Waratah and Jerusalem Bays would be the same.Just drop the traps up near the end.This may be a good option as most Raiders will probably end up fishing there that night.Both these Bays have a mythical reputation for hairtale.

All the best on the weekend lads, I think that my venture out has come to a sudden hault

Cheers,

Stumpy

cheers mate thanks for the advice will be sure to use it. shame u cant make it to the social but i guess theres always going to be others.