Big Swell

Ray R

Hi Raiders, just checked out the swell at Avova and then down at Box Head, I know that boaties are generally sensible people , but just a little advice from me to be very carefull this weekend if you go off shore, we don't want to lose any Raiders Cheers Ray R...

Good advice Ray - although the synoptic chart shows the low moving offshore on Sunday, so the big swells shouldn't hit until Monday or Tuesday of next week.

There was a spike today due to a system some distance offshore, but it should back off over the weekend (I hope) and be safe for the Hairtailers.

When the swells hit next week, however, it looks like they're gonna be BIG (again).

Greetings Fellas,

Don't know if The Raiders are familliar with the NOAA global swell and wind forcasting computer modeling page avalable at this link. http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/main_int.html

By using the various options in the dialogue boxes you can get forecasts up to 180 hours ahead for anywhere in the world and even animate them. Although, like any computer model, it's not always accurate, I find It a great tool to have in the kit.

Hope it is of some use to you.

Henry