The Hairtail Pics Are Here!

fishyfingers

Sorry for the delay guys, but work got in the way!

Here are some of the pics taken from the Mothership Saturday night.

Might I say, what a GREAT night it was, thanks to all involved and here's to the next one!! :yahoo:

Got on the water just after lunch which we are all stoked about .... I think zenman was a little more happy than the rest of us judging by this photo:

post-4174-1184040568_thumb.jpg

We cruised along and met up with the Flightmanagers where the Mrs of the group jumped on board and was immeditately on the sauce with Mrs Fishyfingers:

post-4174-1184040644_thumb.jpg

Got to Jerusalum Bay and picked up the rest of the crew where Flightmanager gave his best impression of a Japanese tourist:

post-4174-1184040633_thumb.jpg

Much drinking and eating was had and we started to get reports of caught hairies!

Dangles was the first onto our boat with one:

post-4174-1184040675_thumb.jpg

After we got some warm liquid into him (the poor bugger was turning blue in his Aus Post outfit!), the fishing and fun continued.

Then, in the darkness, we hear "They've bagged out on Hairtail!"

1975 and breamhunter quietly come up to the side of the boat to show their catch off .... AND WHAT A HAUL IT WAS:

post-4174-1184040657_thumb.jpg

A few more reports, a FAIR few more drinks and it was off to bed!

All in all, a great night, a few frozen butts and all in the name of the elusive hairtail:

post-4174-1184040713_thumb.jpg

cheers guys, can't wait till we hit them again!

Martin

post-4174-1184040611_thumb.jpg

Hey Martin,

Good report and pictures Mate!!!

Dunno about me looking so happy there, must have been the bourbon. :beersmile:

Nah, great fishing trip. Onya Captain Fingers.

See ya soon as thinking of a beach jewie session on the new moon if weather is OK at Long Reef.

Great photos Martin, and thanks for all you did on the houseboat. Fishraider central was alive and kicking.

Officially we had 43 members and guest registered for the event, and a couple that didnt register so i'm told, with over 30 hairtail caught by a top bunch of people. There were also plenty of other fish caught, but they were not recorded.

I will not single out any one person, but give a great big thank you to all raiders and guest who attended this great night, as without you guys, events like this would not take place.

You guys are what makes Fishraiders what it is today, THE BEST DAMNED PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, and gals

Cath

Mrs Flightmanager :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Locations

There are a few very well known area in Cowan like Jerusalem Bay, Akuna Bay & the ever popular Waratah Bay. Be warned these spots are BUSY during Hairtail season. In Waratah Bay when the Hairtail are about you could just about walk across the bay stepping from one boat to another. They are the places to go if you like company. I have had good catches at most of the bays in the system but my favorite spots are the northern shore opposite Cottage Point. There is a bay that runs in a hundred meters or so & the eastern side of this & the area just of the sand flat at the end of it fish well. Directly opposite Cottage Point Restaurant there is a sand flat in the north eastern corner which also produces great fishing if you anchor up about 30 meters out from the area where the sand flat drops into deeper water. heading up into Coal & Candle creek the Illawong Bay area fishes well & the shore based angler can score here as well it is one of the few areas where fishing from the bank is productive ( I have seen the bank a bit crowded though). In Smiths Creek you will find fish off the flat in Stingray bay as well. These are a few of my main spots but Hairtail move about a lot so it is worth a try in any of the small bays dotted around the area.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/articles/hairtail/

GDAY FELLOW FISHRAIDERS

THIS IS MY FIRST EVER REPLY AND ON BEHALF OF ME AND MY MATE BREAMBASHER I WOULD LIKE

TO THANK TIGERSHARK FOR HIS INFO ON HAIRTAIL.

WE PLAN ON HEADING OUT SATURDAY ARVO FOR :1fishing1: AND WILL HOPEFULLY HOOK UP ON

FEW HAIRTAIL.IF NOT A FEW :beersmile: WILL KEEP US WARM ON THE NIGHT.

CHEERS TO ALL.

ARTIE

GDAY FELLOW FISHRAIDERS

THIS IS MY FIRST EVER REPLY AND ON BEHALF OF ME AND MY MATE BREAMBASHER I WOULD LIKE

TO THANK TIGERSHARK FOR HIS INFO ON HAIRTAIL.

WE PLAN ON HEADING OUT SATURDAY ARVO FOR :1fishing1: AND WILL HOPEFULLY HOOK UP ON

FEW HAIRTAIL.IF NOT A FEW :beersmile: WILL KEEP US WARM ON THE NIGHT.

CHEERS TO ALL.

ARTIE

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani:

Good luck saturday hope you get a few, let us know how you go.

I WILL DEFENENTLY LET YOU KNOW HOW I GO.

DOSE ANYONE BURLEY WHEN CHASING HAIRTAIL?

CHEERS ARTIE

Its a must Artie ,chopped up pillies and chook pellets :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Martin there are some great pics there!....and boy did 1975 and Breamhunter get into them or what?!!!

I was supposed to fly to Rarotonga that weekend (I work for Air NZ) on staff travel but my coworker travelling companion broke his arm playing rugby and we cant travel while on ACC.....so Hairtail night looked tempting but .....needed a ride.

I think I better plan to be at the next one!