Narra Lakes

adjustedpete

Got up yesterday morning with the :wife: at home and thought, time for a fish. luckily the tide was low so I took off to careel bay for a few yabbies. Then I went home to wait for the full tide. It was so windy when I got to the lakes that the only place I could cast in without problems was down at north narra bridge. Watched a bloke with a spinner, fish all around the bridge, for zip. So now its my turn. Fished for 20 minutes, without a touch and was just about to call it quits when my son said he had got a couple of bites. Well, that was enough to keep me there and lucky for me we did. 5 minutes later I felt a soft little tug on my line. I was so tempted to strike but held my breath and waited , there it was again. I gave a turn of the ole egg beater and WHACK. I was ooonnnn. You just cant beat that feeling. Can you!!! .... After a couple of runs I dragged this little beauty out. [see photo] I used a ***** rig with 3kg line and a 1/0 long shank with a yabby and little drag, just for fun. I felt so good I let the thing go. so I got a PB and my first catch and release. :beersmile: Thanx Fishraider forum. :biggrinthumb:

post-2999-1184128309_thumb.jpg

Well done Pete on the PB flattie. (and for the release)

You did a hellava lot better than me today. I just got back from a sesh. wading from

the Wimbledon Ave. side and waded the entire little island casting all the way for bugger all.

Got 4 underweight bream and 6 of those pesky tailor (all returned)

Seems the flatiies have all gone to sleep up the back of the lake.

The water temp was positively chilly, even through my waders..then it started

to rain :1badmood:

Then the wind picked up....that was enough for me..no fish, wet and cold.

Gave the rest of my bait to a fella who was land based and also doing no good.

Hope he fared bettter than me.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete