Screw The Fishing! ;)

GregL

Don't you hate it when your out on the water having a plesant fish with a buddy and the tummy starts rumbling?

It has started to become a tradition with my usual fishing partner, we start fishing and with in half hour out there the first call of "gee I'm starting to feel hungry".

This usually continues for another 2-3hours, we start fantasizing on different foods till our mouths start salavating. :drool:

Then we :flying: over to the fish markets :frozen: our butts off and then defrost in the 8kn zone heading upto the markets.

Here is Pat making a pig of him self, well with a little help! :blush:

post-3563-1184549338_thumb.jpg

There was lots of peeling and shell cracking going on.

post-3563-1184549581_thumb.jpg

We had 2 different prawns that day, our normal choice of Yamba's and then some nice salty flavored Kings.

We couldnt decide which we liked best so the Double Bunger was invented. :thumbup:

post-3563-1184549634_thumb.jpg

Oh what a flavour! Salty but sweet, the way prawns are ment to be.......

post-3563-1184549784_thumb.jpg

Then there was the lobsters, fish c o c k tails and blue swimmers..........

How can you go else where to fish!!!!

Greg

G'day Lee

Nah mate didn't get out this week as I have taken on a store at the moment, the office work was killing me.

Didn't have a day off this week.

The pics were from last weeks feast.

IFS had a good session, fished some unusual areas but will now be a part of my comp run so I can't put any of the pics up :P

It was a very expensive day!

$120 for lunch and then we lost close to $200 in lures!

4lb and deeeep cover don't mix........

Greg

IFS had a good session, fished some unusual areas but will now be a part of my comp run so I can't put any of the pics up :P

It was a very expensive day!

$120 for lunch and then we lost close to $200 in lures!

4lb and deeeep cover don't mix........

Greg

Yes so I hear. Watch out on summer time as that area is renowned for some visiting pelagics of the seriola family and they normally have big yellow tails. These guys will make even shorter work of your light gear.

By the looks of it I will be moving to QLD hopefully soon, so can I interest you in another spot for your comp runs as I will have no use for it anymore? You have seen the pics before :1prop:

Cheers

Lee

P.S Where is the new store at?

Edited by lee123

Lee, always up for new spots, you know it's the way of a tournement angler to beg, steal and what ever else it takes to find someone elses spot! lmao :1tongue:

But if your offering, SWEET! :thumbup:

Sorry Dan, we have only just started to venture out of the Cove area on our quest to learn more ways and areas to catch BIG bream on lures. The areas we have found fish in everyone else fishes to. We are just finding and focusing on the prime spots and then fishing deeper and slower than we use to. Add in some of the different and newer lures to hit the market we are starting to put a pattern together.

Some places are where we use to bait fish in the past and some are just places crazy to throw a lure into and expect to get it back! Add light leaders or fluro main lines in the <4lb range ya have troubles straight from the bite. We just think it's better to get more bites and worry about the rest after that! Well that's what I tell myself on the 10th rerigg for the morning :P

IMO To get better at any form of sport you have to practice and focus on one technique till you become very good at it and then move onto another. Pat and I have fished together for 4 years and near 3 of thos have been in the Lane Cove River fishing moored boats and nothing else. We can slowly drive on the leccy flicking plastics at boats and name half of them before we get there! Now we are just working out on our next technique to try and master well become half decent at...........

cheers

G