Hydrofoil

labrador

Hi Raiders,

I fitted a permatrim on my motor, expecting to make my boat plane a little quicker and stabilise it a bit and to my surprise it did but.. it also make my boat lean on the left and trimming could not fix it. Is anyone among you guys have experience same problem? can it be fix? or do I have to just take it off.

By the way, my boat is 4m stacer with 40HP Evinrude.

Appreciate all suggestions and advise.

Scout

Hi Scout, I am guessing you moved some weight around the boat, you have altered the way the boat rides thru the water and in some cases weight distrubution can become critical.

If you have done that then I suggest raising the engine one hole on the transom and then water testing paying attention to water flow and ventilation caused by the prop "sucking" air if it is now too high on the transom. Most outboards like to run on the second or third hole from the top.

Hope this helps and let us all know what you do and the outcome.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Scout, I am guessing you moved some weight around the boat, you have altered the way the boat rides thru the water and in some cases weight distrubution can become critical.

If you have done that then I suggest raising the engine one hole on the transom and then water testing paying attention to water flow and ventilation caused by the prop "sucking" air if it is now too high on the transom. Most outboards like to run on the second or third hole from the top.

Hope this helps and let us all know what you do and the outcome.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Huey, my boat is due for service anyway, so I will ask my service guy to do what you suggested and see what happen, only if you are close to my place I will have the service done there.

Thanks again. Will let you know what comes up.

Scout