Ford To Switch To V6's

domza

As you would have heard by now, 600 jobs will be axed in 2010.

In short, and from what I've heard, new emission regulations have forced ford to cease the production of the locally built inline 6 engine. Ford will be replacing the I6's with new AMERICAN built duratec v6's . (3.5L)

imo if they go ahead with this, ford will lose a lot of fans, as the inline 6 is the fords trademark. No other motor can match the torque of the long stroke aussie straight 6.

whats everyone else's opinion?

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23...369-462,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22094145-421,00.html

p.s no smart ass comments by holden fans please :mad3:

I didnt see Holden lose any fans when they switched from their

inline six blue motor to the Nissan 6 and later the Buick V6 back in the late eighties.

Now they get their V8's from the USA,no one complains.

As long as the Ford V6 is gutsy and reliable i think people will take to it,and remember

Ford was 1st with a V6 in Aust way back in the late 60's and early 70's in the Capri.

penguin

Edited by penguin

Dom

I reckon it's all about the fuel consumption

as the Ford inline 6 sux like a Hoover when

it comes to fuel

Theres only so far you can go and it's the same

basic motor that's been available from when

it ran carbies

Chris

chris- yes i understand its drinks a few extra litres per 100km then competitors, but look at the extra torque you get. And saying the inline six is as simple as it was almost 20 years ago when they introduced the ea 3.9 carby is wrong. Billions have been spent in developing the newest Barra engine. I think more $ should be spent in researching and developing the current motor.

penguin - Holden didn't loose fans when it switched to the v6 because it didn't have any in the first place :074: , but in all seriousness you can't compare that to what is happening now, because this is an AUSSIE motor that is going to be replaced now, unlike the Japanese I6 from the skyline.

penguin - Holden didn't loose fans when it switched to the v6 because it didn't have any in the first

:Funny-Post::074:

Im a BIG fan of the inline 6

My mum has an 2003 xr6 ba falcon with a 4litr inline, has had a few mods, 2.5inch exhaust, GT grill, momo racing wheel, 17 inch mag wheels, pin stripes, with the 220kw upgrade, suspension, very fast car

Heres a few picks.

post-2250-1184757888_thumb.jpg

post-2250-1184758020_thumb.jpg

but you need to do it in style. i've put up a pic of the same car as my dad's just his is RED (therefore faster)

I will keep you guessing what it is

post-1194-1185178720_thumb.jpg

Datsun sunny????powered by a 1200b turbo??? mate no fing idea lol looks like a mercedes.

cheers james