What Overhead?

bobfish

Raiders,

Im shopping around for a new overhead that il mainly use for bottom-bashing, although flexibility for other types of fishing is a must. I want a small-ish type profile, that sports a lever drag, noisey clicker and holds around 200-300m of 20lb braid. Can anybody hep with ideas? Im thinking Torsa, Avet, etc.....

Thanks guys!

Bobfish

lever drag mmmmmmm

like you said

torsa

Avet

tyrnos 12 or 16 new range in the states

Accurate they are in the states also (for what i have read and seen these are weapons)

Most of these reels are pricey

Edited by johnno

lever drag mmmmmmm

like you said

torsa

Avet

tyrnos 12 or 16 new range in the states

Accurate they are in the states also (for what i have read and seen these are weapons)

Most of these reels are pricey

Yeah johnno, the lever drag seems to be the issue, money is no option though. :thumbup:

Raiders,

Im shopping around for a new overhead that il mainly use for bottom-bashing, although flexibility for other types of fishing is a must. I want a small-ish type profile, that sports a lever drag, noisey clicker and holds around 200-300m of 20lb braid. Can anybody hep with ideas? Im thinking Torsa, Avet, etc.....

Thanks guys!

Bobfish

For bottom bashing, Braid is a must but will limit you to other acivities, Black Magic have a mad smaller reel, bullet proof and Tica have a wide range which are also an excellant product, Wattos has them Cheers Dave

Never thought about tica Dave :thumbup:

I am pretty sure the black magic reels are made by avet

Bob as i know you ask this question in another thread, and found it a few hours ago

whats the difference between the bmx ad the bsx

The BSX 5:1 ratio 8kg reel holds 345m of mono,

the BMX 4.5:1 takes 330m of 10kg

also they have a left handed model

* REEL SPEC's

* Make: Black magic by AVET (USA)

* Model: BMX

* LEFT HANDED

* Line Capacity: 330m of Black Magic 10kg IGFA line

* Gear Ratio: 4.5:1

* Bearings: 6

* Lever Drag: Yes

* Reel Clamp: yes

* Soft Reel Bag: Yes

Bobfish,

Ive just bought myself a Shimano Backbone 15kg with a Tyrnos 20. Very nicely weighted combo for fishing the bottom and a large 5.0:1 ratio to bring it back up fast. Havent had a chance to christen it yet but I think it'll go great. Also thought about the Daiwa Sealine Lever drag but the Tyrnos came in a bit cheaper and havent had a Shimano fail on me yet!

If you're after a smaller profile then there are a couple of posts referring to Tyrnos 16s & 12s new in the USA.

Ken

Raiders,

Thanks guys!

Bobfish

Edited by ko76

If money's not an option, then the Torsa is one awesome reel.

You can cast with it and the drag is something else. I have 3 Tiagras and now bought two new Torsa's. I'm not a person stuck on brands either. They are just fantastic reels.

Edited by Boban

:dito: TLD 15 or 25 are great value for money.

I am looking at getting rid of a TLD 20 and Shimano Speedmaster IV if anyone is interested, The TLD 20 is spooled with about 550 metres of 15 kilo (thin diameter), speedmaster has no line.

Raiders,

Ive heard that Avet australia has shut up shop, and I've been told this means all warrantys are void. :1yikes: Has anybody else heard this news?

Now im posed with a problem.... do i offer my local tackle man a super cheap price on a reel with no warranty or buy an expensive reel with full warranty????

I was so sure it was the reel for me! :ranting2:

Cheers,

Bobfish

Now im posed with a problem.... do i offer my local tackle man a super cheap price on a reel with no warranty or buy an expensive reel with full warranty????

I was so sure it was the reel for me! :ranting2:

Cheers,

Bobfish

Buy it mate! If its really what you want, go for it. Like, when was the last time you sent a reel back under warranty? I've never done it in all my life :1prop: Not much goes wrong with good reels. Well nothing serious anyway.

Regards

Red

Raiders,

Thanks guys!

Bobfish

re: hot topic "WHAT OVERHEAD?"

tell you what bobfish. better still and not much less value than any other overhead "WHAT OVERHEAD?"

could be the *dirty big bird* model with anti reverse rear action high pressure torpedo release the direct all overhead fluid drive model (pat. pending)

and looking forward to striking you bob

regards

jewgaffer :thumbup:

fish on but it sure could hail quite a lot bob :074:

Edited by jewgaffer

re: hot topic "WHAT OVERHEAD?"

tell you what bobfish. better still and not much less value than any other overhead "WHAT OVERHEAD?"

could be the *dirty big bird* model with anti reverse rear action high pressure torpedo release the direct all overhead fluid drive model (pat. pending)

and looking forward to striking you bob

regards

jewgaffer :thumbup:

fish on but it sure could hail quite a lot bob :074:

Great advice there jewgaffer, ive found my big bird (torpedo launchers optional)

Apparently the warranty issues are related to avet reals whereas this puppy is badged by blackmagic. There goes my rediculous discount! :074:

Thanks again for the advice raiders :thumbup:

Now ive gotta find a rod to suit!!!!!

Clipboard01.bmp

Cheers, Bobfish

Edited by bobfish