Batemans Bay 24/7/07

Croydon

Hi folks,

Went out this morning on my own to take advantage of the great weather and calm seas. After picking up a few livies, I headed north to Wasp Island at South Durras and anchored on a drop off that went from around 28' to 47'. The sea temp had dropped a little from the other day and was sitting on 16 or so.

post-4525-1185258092_thumb.jpg

Got the burley going and sat a 2.0 multi coloured yozuri jig in the rod holder. To my surprise I picked up this lovely little fella.

post-4525-1185258107_thumb.jpg

After half an hour or so I got a second run on the jig but I was a bit heavy handed and lost it. Not too long after I picked up a nice snapper that went 53cm on a live yakka.

post-4525-1185258126_thumb.jpg

By about 9.30am nothing was happening so I pulled the pick and had a wonder round. Came across quite a few dead cuttlefish in the water but nothing feeding on them. I was pretty happy that tonights dinner was sorted so I headed home. Pretty good morning all in all.......

very nice reddie there mate, between you and my mate azzap you guys are scoring some nice fish.

Thanks guys, seems pretty hard to miss out down this was at the moment. Was at the boat ramp the other day and one of the locals came in with 11 reds of much the same size. It's a good time of year when the cuttlefish are about. Just got to get in nice and close......

Thanks guys, seems pretty hard to miss out down this was at the moment. Was at the boat ramp the other day and one of the locals came in with 11 reds of much the same size. It's a good time of year when the cuttlefish are about. Just got to get in nice and close......

mate nice snapper been there myself and its a great reddie area.r the cuttlefish in close down there.

Azza,

The cuttlefish can be seen floating all over the place, generally not too far from the rocks. The session my brother and I had last week, all our live yakkas were being bitten behind the head but we couldn't get one on a jig....