Ross And The Lads Blackfishing On The Georges

Great days Blackfishing on the Georges River

I wandered down to my favourite blackfish hole on the Georges today My friends Mark Night (fishraider and black fisherman extraordinaire and the Georges River "Guru" Norm Jeffery's (he can pull them from a bath tub) were already there. Upon arriving I asked the inevitable "How they bitin' lads" Norm replied "slow but there all big fish" I took up residency between the boys and we bantered on about this and that as fishos do when blackfishing.

The tide kicked and bites were slow. A nice back eddie started to form and bingo the fish came on. It's somehow embarrassing to fish with excellent fisherman, like Mark and Norm as they caught fish all around me, my luck changed when at last I caught my first. Norm commented "You'll be right now Roscoe " words of encouragement indeed.

We had a great afternoon with 25 fish between us, the biggest going 37 cm. What a superb afternoon almost a perfect Spring like day, good company, lots of yarns and some great fish.

"Ya gotta luv it. Ah! Must go its blackfish for dinner tonight".

post-256-1185266154_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185266164_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185266174_thumb.jpg

Regards Ross Hunter

Well done, lads! Top haul of top looking fish!! Don't forget to try smoking some - they really come up well!! I hope to get into some on the weekend with Luderick59 on the shore!

Cheerio for now\

ROberta

Well done, lads! Top haul of top looking fish!! Don't forget to try smoking some - they really come up well!! I hope to get into some on the weekend with Luderick59 on the shore!

Cheerio for now\

ROberta

Roberta,

Iv'e tried smoking them but they are hard to light and you need a horse dung poltice on the back of your neck to draw on them.

Only joking You are right they are beautiful smoked

Ross