Harbour Today 25th

andrew399

Hey everyone, thought id head out for a bit of a quick session today as i hadnt been out for a while. Packed a rod and an icecream container of all my left over bait ie pillies squid prawns pudding mix etc that i had minced up and frozen a while back and a few sp's and left over self caught squid from kingy season. I decided to head out to my moored boat which still doesnt start after nearly 6 months of various people working on it!! Anyways, started berlying and drifted down an unweigted strip of squid. Didnt seem to be much in the trail so started to wind in to start the drift again and all of a sudden im on!! After about a good fight boated a 40cm bream on 4lb line straight through. I had to keep this fish beccause it was bleeding from the gills so i'l be eating him tonight! Anyway line goes back in with the same bait and it got smashed straight away! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! this fish went hard and deep and after 15 mins fight on 4lb line with no leader i boated a 58cm salmon! spewin i didnt bring my camera cos i normally always take it wih me! anyways after that caught about 10 trevs to 35cm! There was heaps in the trail to, i could even see a couple of rat kings but couldnt get them to ake my bait, they'd come look at it and have a quick bite and then spit it out, oh well i wouldv got smashed anyway! after a bit i cahnged to some squidgy flickbaits and kept catching the trevs!! A great little arvo on the water! this was in north harbour by the way, amongst the boat moorings...

dicko

I'm very jealous - what a great session. Sounds like you've got a great fishing pontoon there (that might one day become a boat again).

The funny thing is that when the boat is finally fixed you'll spend weeks cruising the harbour searching for a fishing spot half as good as the mooring!! :1prop:

Hi Dicko,

Mate sounds like a nice fishing session and u had great weather for it.

When the weather is warmer and my trailer has been sorted out i will be back on the water.

We should team up and hunt down some MH kingies on a few mid week outings.

I am in winter fishing hibernation and getting ready for one week skiing at Charlotte Pass.

Cheers