I Need Expert Mobile Camera Advice

jewgaffer

My wife shirl bought me a high technical nokia mobile phone camera for my birthday and we put my old card into it.

it has a book with it and a charger and a hearing aid as well. optus gave a nokia number and they transferred to a lassy in the phillipines and i took notes of what she was trying to describe.

the situation become worse . she transferred me to feedback for another set of steps to take and some belly dancing music till my hand held telstra went flat.

pushed a few buttons and kept getting a site called zoo. ring optus back and the girl said zoo is for advanced users ring the phillipines again.

i thought here we go round in a the usual old circle so i am posting for help here

i meant to ask inhlanzi on hawkesbury yesterday but it finished a up forgotton topic as we had a higher priority things to do. we were spreadibng 8 jewie rods in unison and it would have taken us a fortnight just to say the spelling of our names.

this is the help i need from a mobile camera phone genius in easy to understand steps.

i how to take a picture without optus zoo technicallities as they told me i can't delete the zoo.

2 how to get the picture into an album

3how to get pictures out of the phone and back into the computers picture computer

thank you the successfull applicant gets a tub of non freezable chemically treated bait

thanks everyone and paul zreb i didn't want to trouble you . you have enough on your plate as it is

jewgaffer :(

Jewgaffer,

What model phone do you have?

It shouldn't be as complicated as you have experienced. I have a Nokia 6233, to take photo's, store them and retrieve has nothing to do with the carrier (ie Optus, Telstra Vodaphone etc).

My phone has a button on the side with a picture of camera embedded, when I press this the phone goes into camera mode I look at the screen, when the image is what I want I press the button that says 'capture'.

The phone then asks do you want to save and where, I save it to the memory card.

To retrieve I just remove the card from the phone and place it in a 'card reader' (you can get these from Harris Technology for $40) which is attached to my PC. I then copy the photo's to the hard drive and print or post them on Fishraider.

Edited by gone_wishin

Well said gone_wishin. That will work with most phones, with slight differentiations depending on the model of the phone.

With some phones the manufacturer gives you a USB cable.

You can transfer photos by connecting one end of the USB cable to the computer and another end to the phone. Then it's a matter of 'drag and drop' onto the computer.

Hope it all works out for you.

Well said gone_wishin. That will work with most phones, with slight differentiations depending on the model of the phone.

With some phones the manufacturer gives you a USB cable.

You can transfer photos by connecting one end of the USB cable to the computer and another end to the phone. Then it's a matter of 'drag and drop' onto the computer.

Hope it all works out for you.

zrealist thanks for your kind help i found another cable that fits this phone its a nokia n73.

i don't know drag and drop for that only to tidy up the desk from the help page. the other pages for help are too many links and just too difficult and time consuming

i suppose the good thing is kids are learning computers as they are learning to talk

i don't want to know too much just pictures and i'm ok now using the world search page , even ebay but mate i even got put off the air for two weeks for shill bidding which i had never heard of before when i simply wanted to save an old rod from a mates garage clean up.

cheers mate i like to say it as it is. i learn more that way and by the time i read the other helps replies i know i'll have it right for sure :thumbup:

:1fishing1: jewgaffer

1st optus zoo is optus's mobile phone internet site, nothing to do with the camera, the girl you spoke to should have known that!

2nd you can take the memory card out of the phone and insert it in a card reader, if you have one but the better way is to transfer it with the cable supplied. 1st you have to instal the nokia suite program which should have been supplied with the phone, if not you can download it from the nokia website! as i had a lot of problems with my nokia programs i just download them from nokia!

3rd there should be a short cut to the camera im sure youll find it but till then look at the screen and in one corner there should say menu! press the button closest to it! then scroll through the menus to find the camera option. might be under media!

any more advice just pm me!

Edited by wildfish

1st optus zoo is optus's mobile phone internet site, nothing to do with the camera, the girl you spoke to should have known that!

2nd you can take the memory card out of the phone and insert it in a card reader, if you have one but the better way is to transfer it with the cable supplied. 1st you have to instal the nokia suite program which should have been supplied with the phone, if not you can download it from the nokia website! as i had a lot of problems with my nokia programs i just download them from nokia!

3rd there should be a short cut to the camera im sure youll find it but till then look at the screen and in one corner there should say menu! press the button closest to it! then scroll through the menus to find the camera option. might be under media!

any more advice just pm me!

wildfish thanks again for coming to the rescue mate.

this site's going to educate me and shirl, that's for sure

cheers :1fishing1:

jewgaffer :1fishing1: