Blackfishing Fun

fibbo

Popped out on Tuesday afternoon with the gf for a bit of blackfishing @ Tom Ugly's. I think we have been using the wrong type of weed (not even sure if it is weed). I asked one of the blokes there for some of their weed (it was soft, juicy and green). We managed to land four keepers within about 20 minutes, that was so exciting! One time the moment the float hit the water it went down and stayed down - what a thrill!

post-3028-1185447073_thumb.jpg

So a question, have I been collecting the wrong weed?

The one that I have not had much success with is the one that's thin, curly, fibrous and quite dry. The ones that I have had success with (which I do not know where to obtain) were the succulent, bright green, straight stringy ones that are soft enough that you can just pinch it in half with your thumb and index finger. It smells exactly like blackfish blood lol

PS, thankyou Roberta for the info that you sent me on blackfishing. Things are finally working hehe

Cheers,

fibbo.

hi fibbo

well done for you great blackfish session

looks like u getting the right technique

except the weeds :1prop:

but am sure, being hooked, u will sort it out soon

sorry cant help here, as am more a drummer fisho than blackies

cheers

bertrand

Hi Fibbo

Fantastic result!! So pleased you go into some blackies!! Aren't they fun??

That was very nice of those guys to give you some of their weed - so now you know what the 'good stuff' looks like! Check out any swimming pools that are built into the rocks down your way - with the weather warming up, there should be plenty of weed beginning to grow in & around the pool, on the rocks. ALso should be cabbage growing now, too, after all that rough weather.

Also do a search on 'green weed' in the fishing chat section, as well as fishing reports. There should be plenty growing around your area, in many spots. When I go home, I will check my notes & see if any relate to your area.

Be very observant when passing any creek, stormwater drain or lagoon. You will find it!!

I went out fishing with Luderick59 today, & between us, we got 9 blackies & dropped probably 10!! My sister in law is very happy!! FIsh for dinner tomorrow night & some!!

Well done - they are really exciting fish to catch & when filleted & skinned as soon as after capture, one of the best eating fish for the table!

Cheerio for now - keep us informed on your weed hunting excursions!

Roberta