Rocker Launchers

Mrwooley

G'day all,

I'm looking for a way to keep my rods off the deck in my bowrider, while I'm motoring to my favorite fishing spots. I've looked at various options but none seem to work well for me. My last option would seem to be rocket launcers. I'm after some views on the cheap aluminium ones... do they work or do they fall apart? As do'nt often go outside and also that I may be upgrading boats next year, I do'nt want to shell out for the more expensive S/Steel versions.

Regards,

Barry.

You can get those gangs of 4 rold holders in a row designed for mounting on 4wd bull bars or a flat surface. They are about $35-50 in plain alloy. You may be able to clamp them to a bowrail with the correct sized u-bolts.

Overhead Rocket launchers are so handy. My current boat is my first with rocket launches and i love it. Everything is up and totally out of the way when fighting a fish. Ive got a factory stainless job and cant comment on the low cost DIY types, except they appear flimsy.

cheers

Rod

You can get those gangs of 4 rold holders in a row designed for mounting on 4wd bull bars or a flat surface. They are about $35-50 in plain alloy. You may be able to clamp them to a bowrail with the correct sized u-bolts.

Overhead Rocket launchers are so handy. My current boat is my first with rocket launches and i love it. Everything is up and totally out of the way when fighting a fish. Ive got a factory stainless job and cant comment on the low cost DIY types, except they appear flimsy.

cheers

Rod

Put a bit of cheap rubber hose over the u-bolts and it will grip better and you don't have to tighten it heaps or you can just screw it flat with a spacer to anywhare upright. Try it as a cheap trial to see where to get a well designed custom one installed.