New Fishing Bag And Size Limits Announced

Luringbream

I think the pro active approach the fisheries department is excelent and can only improve the quality and quantity of the fish we catch. Like was said by the other, those 60 cm kings will become 80 cm and in turn will produce more and more fish. I think we need to step back and look at the big picture cause i sure want to take my kids out fishing oneday and ill be damned if there will be no more left out there. I think we should all respect the new rules and abide by them accordingly.

Cheers,

Brad

I think the pro active approach the fisheries department is excelent and can only improve the quality and quantity of the fish we catch. Like was said by the other, those 60 cm kings will become 80 cm and in turn will produce more and more fish. I think we need to step back and look at the big picture cause i sure want to take my kids out fishing oneday and ill be damned if there will be no more left out there. I think we should all respect the new rules and abide by them accordingly.

Cheers,

Brad

Fishing+Guitar=Heaven=A battered segovia :thumbup:

Brad well said. i agree with you 100%

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

I agree. When you look at the changes with the future in mind, the average size of the fish must increase. This means that those pesky 55-59cm Kingies will turn into welcome 65-69cm Kingies (hopefully). :biggrin2:

I still think the bag limit should be changed. :wacko:

I have approved the changes. :biggrin2:

I guess they new limits are so bad, it will give fish populations a chance to recover especialy seeing how much Sydney and surounding areas get fished. Also it will help :15: future fisherman and fisherwomen in the next generations to come. Just hope the fisheries catch those would don't obey these rules :pokey:

I guess they new limits are so bad, it will give fish populations a chance to recover especialy seeing how much Sydney and surounding areas get fished. Also it will help :15: future fisherman and fisherwomen in the next generations to come. Just hope the fisheries catch those would don't obey these rules :pokey:

We all assume you mean are not so bad :biggrin2:

Edited by Ceph

I agree. When you look at the changes with the future in mind, the average size of the fish must increase. This means that those pesky 55-59cm Kingies will turn into welcome 65-69cm Kingies (hopefully). :biggrin2:

I still think the bag limit should be changed. :wacko:

I have approved the changes. :biggrin2:

I reackon your spot on ceph :thumbup: I think the new size is a good idea but the bag limit should be more like 3 per person!

Yeah i've also subscribed to the idea that 5 kings per person is too many. History has shown that increased minimum sizes have improved the average size of fish. Look at South Australian

As for the dollies going up to 60cm what was it before? 50cm? Given that dollies are incredibly fast growing, they should probably bump it to the 70cm mark and we won't have to wait long at all to reap the fruits. In fact, maybe they should bump it up a metre.!!!

Also, there should probably be a maximum size on flatties to protect the breeders.

Yeah i've also subscribed to the idea that 5 kings per person is too many. History has shown that increased minimum sizes have improved the average size of fish. Look at South Australian

As for the dollies going up to 60cm what was it before? 50cm? Given that dollies are incredibly fast growing, they should probably bump it to the 70cm mark and we won't have to wait long at all to reap the fruits. In fact, maybe they should bump it up a metre.!!!

Also, there should probably be a maximum size on flatties to protect the breeders.

don't dollies only live for like 3 years maybe 4?????