Fishing Narrabeen With Luderick59

arpie

Hi guys

Met up with Luderick59 (Peter) early this afternoon & he gave me a private tour of Mona Vale Beach rock platform!! What an education! I wish I was staying down for another week, to try it over this full moon period! I actually lived at Mona Vale in my youth, but wasn't really into fishing then (other than bream.)

The water was very clear & no swell/wash today - unlike yesterday when Peter got 2 really nice fish - one to 43cm! Peter suggested we go to Narrabeen Lake instead & try the wading spot! We had a good supply of weed (which Peter had kindly collected for me) :1prop:

We had the place to ourselves & it seemed a little slow to start off with, then we started getting small downs & got into some nice fish, up to 35cm. They were a bit hit & miss & sometimes I wasn't sure if I imagined I saw the float move or not, as I was concentrating on it so much! We fished about 3hrs & kept 9 nice blackies, threw back about 4 & at least 10 'got off', including 2 very nice fish that probably would have gone close to 40cm, if netted. :wacko: Peter kindly donated his fish to my brother & his wife!

Great fun, great company & we hope to meet up again over the weekend, to further the fish stock in my brother Sail's refrigerator!! Cam will come out with me tomorrow as well, & hopefully Ladslad/Brett.

Roberta & Peter with a bag of nice blackies

post-2231-1185533970_thumb.jpg

Cheerio for now

Roberta

The 9 Blackies

post-2231-1185534227_thumb.jpg

Very nice bag of fish there guys, good to see the lake fishing well, have not been up there for years! Might give it a go soon. Been getting some good fish in the harbour and Georges , they seem to have headed to the deeper water with the westerly influence though now its cleared up after the rain. By the way i can remeber that old Ron Calcutt video from when i was a kid guys lined up shoulder to shoulder in the lake.........mmmmmmmmm memories.

Enjoy and tight lines.

:beersmile: