Port Hacking Bonnies

TheDiko

G'day Raiders,

Thought I'd post up a report from a friendly local's backyard near Yowie Bay. The day started at 5:30am after a quite pleasant ride in the "cold" weather. I've found it quite mild all week but no one else has :frozen:

I started throwing powerbait minnows around until sunrise for 1 big strike from what I guess to be a Pike or Tailor. When the sun rose I went for a walk along the rocks and tried my plastics there when a bloke came up and started fishing next to me.

I got two big pulls on my jig but I missed both strikes. I realised why when I saw two big Squid around the plastic. Raced back over the tackle box to get the jig while the other bloke caught both the Squid! :mad3:

After that a few splashes started occuring and I wacked on the metal. Nothing chasing the metal and I remembered the new hardbody I wanted to try out.

1st cast two big Bonito follow it right to my feet :tease:

2nd cast I'm on zzzzzzzzz that lovely sound. Landed a 48cm Bonito. Pictures were taken and I noticed as I was holding it a big red hook sticking out the side of it's cheek.

post-2529-1185582211_thumb.jpg

3rd cast another big hit but no hookup. A few more splashes were seen but the fish had left. Could have landed a few more if that lure was out there all day but it was great to be on the water again.

post-2529-1185582204_thumb.jpg

IFS