Help And Advice

ESMA76

G'Day All

i am new to this site and boating need some help, recently my inlaw and i purchased a 5.1 quintrex with 90 merc on the back. just wondering what wolud be a total weight if fill up the 95 ltr fuel tank as our car only tow no more than 1200 kg. any help and advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Hey mate .... welcome to the site

It may well be under 1200kg, but not by much. The best thing you can do is get it weighed on a weighbridge.

95 litres of fuel will be say 80-85kg

If there is twin batteries add another 40'odd kg

A late model 90hp Merc 2stroke carby is around 138kg

Single axle trailer maybe 250-330kg

Thats about 560kg'ish before the hull, safety gear, fishing gear, eskys, water and personal effects.

You dont mention what model/year Quintrex so its hard to guess the weight of the hull.

regards

Rod

G'Day All

i am new to this site and boating need some help, recently my inlaw and i purchased a 5.1 quintrex with 90 merc on the back. just wondering what wolud be a total weight if fill up the 95 ltr fuel tank as our car only tow no more than 1200 kg. any help and advice would be appreciated. thanks.

thanks fishingrod for your info the boat is 2007 model coast runner cv.

cheers

eddie

Hi Esma

a hull 5.2m quinnie runabout is 501kg just boat

plus trailer 250kg

motor 140kg

fuel approx 100kg

batterys and anchor etc etc bit of gear 100kg

approx weight 1091kg

Edited by johnno

I basically agree with Johnno (do i have a choice? hes a moderator :1prop: )

The quintrex website has the current 520CV and suggests the TQ58VBW trailer listed at 320kg. Check the VIN plate that should rivet'ed to the trailer to see its own weight. The dealer may have fitted their own brand trailer though.

So it looks like it will still just go under 1200kg as long as you are careful what you carry.

cheers

Rod