Squidahabour

squidboy

Hi Raiders,

Long time since my last fish, but today was our day. Headed out today in the habour to spot S Q U I and D. We landed 15 squid and was was a large one. All caught on 3 and 3.5 gram jigs. We were hoping for some big ones but still managed an average squid session.

Enjoy the photos :1prop:

post-2763-1185688927_thumb.jpg

post-2763-1185688936_thumb.jpg

Edited by squidboy

I was using the 3 gram and 3.5 gram jigs. Thats if you want to call that size big.

hope it helps.

Squidboy

Hi Rob

Your right. I managed two arrows in the cull of the ocean. I dont know how I managed them as where i caught them there were alot of southos around under the boat in schools of up to 1/2 a dozen. At one stage i couldnt get the jigs down fast enough to get the school

Awesoe day on the water however, a little cold in the morning, but beautiful when the sun came up to say hello.

ope to catch you at CF for the usual kingies this summer too mate :thumbup:

Dont you worry about that mate LOL. I have enough squid for a good school of kings, but Ill have the live stuff on the day I go for the kings. This year has been great, so the start of the 2008 Fishing year for kings will be fantastic :1fishing1:

That is one bruiser on the esky... we got a similar model last Saturday. :thumbup:

Are you poaching them in their own ink? :biggrin2:

Ceph, I respect your catches and saw the good haul you did last saturday. Squid are easy Big Ones in winter and more of the little ones in Summer. I poach the squid in their own in for bait. Jews love the ink lol.

:biggrin2:

All the best mate with the squid, hope to say hello to you on the harbour one day and trade secrets.

Squidboy