The Shelf To Browns.

sanger

We headed out on sunday at 6 with the plan to catch some livies, troll a temperature break down to browns and then set up a cube trail!!!!

By 8 o'clock we had the livie mission more than completed succesfully with about 15 yakkas in the live bait well. So off to our first gps mark that we had seen on a sea temperature webiste.

Just a few miles before we got to the mark we rubbed our hands in anticipation as i sore off in the distance a sight that gets me very anxious!!!! We spotted a huge flock of gannets, boobies and albertros dive bombing with the dolphins backing them up from down below!!!! This is going to be a good day i thought to myself!!!! But alas 45minutes of circling around and through this explosion of wildlife netted us nothing!!!! Not from lack of trying we had teasers, bibbles minnows, bibbed minows and skirts out but apparently they were not to the liking of which was underneath us... We never did see what the birds and dolphins were chasing so we didn't change our tactics to suit!!!! After a seal turned up we thought bugger this lets head to browns and get a cube trail going.

Trolled all the way to browns for squat once again. Got to browns at about 1 and put out our sock and started throwing cubes and peeling line off, could see team off tap a little way off in the distance. Looking around the other boats couldnt see anyone fighting fish..... hmmmm, alot of boats had left by 3 but we kept up our trail for another hour before we gave up and headed for home!!!

We didnt want to end up empty handed so we once again dropped lures just before 12 mile and trolled, just after 12mile we did see something very sizey come up and harass the shotgun lure but it disapered as soon as it had come!!!!!

So there you have it, All day without turning a reel, but not from lack of trying. Livies don't count in my book!

Hope others had more luck than we did!!!! And thanks to the guys that offered up some very helpfull advice in my cubing newbee thread!!!! Im sure we will be keen to give it another crack next weekend weather permitting!!!!

Tight lines! :1fishing1:

We saw plenty of this view all day!

post-4037-1185751230_thumb.jpg

Bad luck mate..seems many people are heading out for not the best results...its seems to be a matter of being in the right pllace at the right time....

Always next time

Thats right netic!!! Still beats working!!!!

Hi guys, first post here, been reading for a while though.

Fishlexic, unlucky, maybe next time. Sometimes it pays to set your trail a few miles away from the big crowd at browns. The fin fishing seems to be on and off, we got a 40kg fish last Sunday on another dead day, however there are a few buefin being taken on lures around the 50kg mark which is a bit of a change.

Le Pasha

Hi guys, first post here, been reading for a while though.

Fishlexic, unlucky, maybe next time. Sometimes it pays to set your trail a few miles away from the big crowd at browns. The fin fishing seems to be on and off, we got a 40kg fish last Sunday on another dead day, however there are a few buefin being taken on lures around the 50kg mark which is a bit of a change.

Le Pasha

Yeah i think that might be a better ploy for next time!!!! Still learnt a thing or two cubbing yesterday even thought we didn't turn a reel all day!!!!

Oh yeah and welcome to fishraider.... well posting that is!!!

Edited by fishlexic