Not Another Jewie Bycatch Story

Anti-Carp

This mornin my coz and I decided to fish for carp cough ** splat ** jewies on a wharf some where in Sydney. We got there at 5 am burleyed up and was able to catch enough yakkas in about 30 minutes. We put out our livies and dead bait spread across the wharf.

Around about 8 am we noticed the yakka's around the wharf getting a bit skittish. So we put out a candy size yakka very close to the pylon's. No sooner did the yakka hit the water it got smashed by some thing that had a lot more aggro and grit then a jewie. After 10 minutes of trying to stop it from getting in out from under neath the pylons around the wharf we were able to get color and make and ezy gaff shot on my first Kingie.

I was absolutely stoked as the fight on this thing out did any jewie or carp.

post-3102-1185762767_thumb.jpg

This mornin my coz and I decided to fish for carp cough ** splat ** jewies on a wharf some where in Sydney. We got there at 5 am burleyed up and was able to catch enough yakkas in about 30 minutes. We put out our livies and dead bait spread across the wharf.

Around about 8 am we noticed the yakka's around the wharf getting a bit skittish. So we put out a candy size yakka very close to the pylon's. No sooner did the yakka hit the water it got smashed by some thing that had a lot more aggro and grit then a jewie. After 10 minutes of trying to stop it from getting in out from under neath the pylons around the wharf we were able to get color and make and ezy gaff shot on my first Kingie.

I was absolutely stoked as the fight on this thing out did any jewie or carp.

post-3102-1185762767_thumb.jpg

by the way any decent carp there? :074:

launch a big livie around the place that's the shot and wow anything goes :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate, I am shocked that you would be able to catch jewies, kings, yakkas and CARP from the same wharf.

Unless "carp" is euphemism for some other species ...

Nice kingy, btw. How big did it go??

mate his wharf's got twin long range 250 hp's and a 4wd undernearth :thumbup:

cheers

jewgaffer :074:

Mate, I am shocked that you would be able to catch jewies, kings, yakkas and CARP from the same wharf.

Unless "carp" is euphemism for some other species ...

Nice kingy, btw. How big did it go??

LOL, Most of my post's on this site is usually on our beloved carp. this is one of the rare times i've had a chance to fish the salt

The kingy went 75 cm i'd guestimate between 3 to 4 kilo's.