Top Dvd To Watch - Luring The Black Bream

arpie

Hi Guys

I was lucky enough to watch a buddy's copy of this dvd - all on halco hb lures (scorpion, etc) and mainly fishing the flats ie less than 3-4ft water.

Brilliant stuff! Also shows fishing snags in rivers (take the middle hook off so you don't snag on the fallen trees so much.) It is only half an hour in length, but the info they give is a lifetime of fishing knowledge! Even down to looking for bream poo/grit on the submerged branches, proving it to be a top bream spot!

It may have been a freebie with one of the mags. Well worth a look!

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta,

Those DVD's came out about twelve months ago, I must agree they are excellent to watch even the segment on shallow water fishing. They caught heaps in waist deep water, might be worth a try up your way.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Hi Pete

We sure have stacks of shallow water up here to try!!! The other place to try it would be The ENtrance!!!! Couldn't believe how shallow that was back at the Social ..... and that was aftre 12" rain!!

The size of the fish were amazing! Seems their tails stick out of the water sometimes, it is so shallow & they are digging for worms, yabbies or whatever!

When it warms up abit more, I shall go out in the yak & target some of these areas!

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta,

I was up at Forster a couple of months ago and there were a large amount of bream around the racks but they were not on the bite. I did manage a couple of legal ones on bait but there is so much area to fish and not enough time in a week to sus out all the good spot.

There were heaps of pike in amonst the bream is this normal up there ?

So good luck, with your quest.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Hi Pete

Yep - you find heaps of pike amongst the racks with the bream. THey are a pest. Specially if you are using hard body lures! You catch pike all over the place - bloody smelly, slimey things they are, with big teeth! Good if you are jewie fishiing!

Then again, a buddy reckons they are top bream bait! Just fillet them & put a bit on the hook, no sinker & lob it over the wall into the leases. Have your drag done up with a wrench & hang on as you let the line out (baitrunner would be good or hand line with gloves on!) Also fresh mullet strips.

I caught a 37cm bream on a Halco tricky scorpion! First bream on lure! It was great. Only caught a few smaller ones since, but haven't really been trying for them.

There are heaps of flats around The Keys & out over Tuncurry way (down the end of Taree ST) but you need a boat or kayak to get to them. WHen it warms up a bit more, I'll be out there in my yak!

Cheerio

Roberta

PS Give me a yahoo if you head this way again! We can trade knowledge!

Hi Guys

I was lucky enough to watch a buddy's copy of this dvd - all on halco hb lures (scorpion, etc) and mainly fishing the flats ie less than 3-4ft water.

Brilliant stuff! Also shows fishing snags in rivers (take the middle hook off so you don't snag on the fallen trees so much.) It is only half an hour in length, but the info they give is a lifetime of fishing knowledge! Even down to looking for bream poo/grit on the submerged branches, proving it to be a top bream spot!

It may have been a freebie with one of the mags. Well worth a look!

Cheerio

Roberta

yes i have seen that one but i think there is onther one you would like and you can get it at your news agent

fishing dvd vol 8 it has some real good shallow water fishing in it

cheers

bob

Hi guys

For the price, those fishing DVDs are excellent value! The top info given out by the 'pros' is invaluable - especially the ones on bass & impoundment barra (specifically Awoonga.) Starlo & Jason Wilhelm (winner of the inaugural ABT Barra comp there) give soooo much gooood info - how & where to fish in windy weather, fish the shallows (sometimes less than a metre deep) etc!

I am more interested in the inshore fishery than offshore, so skim over the stuff I am not interested in & take lots of notes on the bass, barra, bream & trout!

Cheerio

Roebrta